Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very very nicely done mate! it looks awsome!
2 questions though:
1) can you take a picture with the cape going backwards so you can see his shoulder, is that possible?

2) can you take pictures of those "plastic pegs" I would like to know what excactly you are talking about, I would do the same thing. I seems to be a good solution to make it as accurate as possible, rather than just putting the trangles back to there original position.

Here's a diagram, because I really don't want to pop the head off to take a pic...I spent 30 minutes getting the cape just right.

scan0001.jpg

As for the other pics...for the same reason I don't want to pop the head off, I don't want to rearrange the cape. I apologize, but it's close to my bed time and my OCD will keep me up for awhile getting the cape perfect again.

So, just cus I'm inquisitive, I check the tracking again. The first number has it scanned as arriving here in MA. Just for kicks, I decide to look at the other number, and it lists it departing the sort facility here on it's way to the local delivery facility. So no package 2 is the tracking number that's current :lol UPS is all over the place, the good news is, both figures should be delivered tomorrow.

So, just cus I'm inquisitive, I check the tracking again. The first number has it scanned as arriving here in MA. Just for kicks, I decide to look at the other number, and it lists it departing the sort facility here on it's way to the local delivery facility. So no package 2 is the tracking number that's current :lol UPS is all over the place, the good news is, both figures should be delivered tomorrow.

You're lucky. Mine was supposed to be coming today too, but it got delayed until tomorrow. :(

And I already have some stuff ready in Photoshop too. All I need is the Joker to drop into the composition.

And I already have some stuff ready in Photoshop too.

Same here, I came up with something Batman-centric for a wallpaper design and I was going to execute it with my Takara Batman before I saw all the images of this figure, the piece will look so much better with this Batman so I'm excited to finally execute the idea. Going to take some time to finish, but I think it'll be fresh for me, not like anything I've done before, and hopefully will make a good impression here.

Bat's is out for delivery so I should have him shortly, hopefully with no damage or anything.

Here's a diagram, because I really don't want to pop the head off to take a pic...I spent 30 minutes getting the cape just right.

scan0001.jpg

As for the other pics...for the same reason I don't want to pop the head off, I don't want to rearrange the cape. I apologize, but it's close to my bed time and my OCD will keep me up for awhile getting the cape perfect again.

okay I understand, so it is not quite possible to reshape the cape? or are you just the type that likes to let the figure pose in a certain state for a while? :)

because the cape pose I meant doesn't need any poping of the head...:confused: just put the cape backwards :) you can leave the head alone :)

could you maybe show some pictures online of those "plastic pegs" so that I/ we have any idea what to look for in stores...where can you buy these?

Same here, I came up with something Batman-centric for a wallpaper design and I was going to execute it with my Takara Batman before I saw all the images of this figure, the piece will look so much better with this Batman so I'm excited to finally execute the idea. Going to take some time to finish, but I think it'll be fresh for me, not like anything I've done before, and hopefully will make a good impression here.

Bat's is out for delivery so I should have him shortly, hopefully with no damage or anything.

I have the exact opposite going on. I have several JOKER-centric designs ready to go (just working on another now called "The Laughing Wall"...it's f'd up!!!). But I can't think of anything for Batman yet. Says something about my mental state, doesn't it? :)

And my figures were on a fast truck it seems. It was in East Syracuse at 3:00 this morning, and I live in Northeastern PA. Wasn't surprising that they rescheduled for tomorrow. But wouldn't ya know it...checked at 7:30, and they were already in the local hub and out for delivery!!!!!

I've got Joker image ideas, but this Batman composition just spawned for me. I thought of one image I wanted to do and a whole bunch of "what if"s later and I had a composition worked out.

Got Joker and Batman now. Small point, but I have to say, this packaging is the most impressive from Hot Toys to date IMO, at least in terms of graphics, Cleaner Predator for packing design takes the cake in that regard. The outter film image part of the box isn't holographic like usual, but this nice, textured carboard and the PS work with the images is really nicely done, I'm probably going to at least keep the fronts of the box, they look really nice.

I've got Joker image ideas, but this Batman composition just spawned for me. I thought of one image I wanted to do and a whole bunch of "what if"s later and I had a composition worked out.

Got Joker and Batman now. Small point, but I have to say, this packaging is the most impressive from Hot Toys to date IMO, at least in terms of graphics, Cleaner Predator for packing design takes the cake in that regard. The outter film image part of the box isn't holographic like usual, but this nice, textured carboard and the PS work with the images is really nicely done, I'm probably going to at least keep the fronts of the box, they look really nice.

Enjoy your figure.

Ok, just got Batman! He is AWESOME!!!

Just can't get the bloody batarangs to stay in the holder! :google

Overall, great figure, very happy I got him.

As a Tak owner, I will say this.

Rubber body suit works much better than Tak, but it's thinner so there is more need for caution.

Cape doesn't feel all that much nicer a material, just double layered and a little shorter, but it's nicer than I expected.

My only significant dissappointment is the lower cowl. If they somehow made that a softer material like the body suit with a firmer head, you could get a bit more articulation out of it. As is, you get movie accurrate articulation, but since it is a figure and you know more could be possible, you kinda wish it'd been made so you could do it.

When I get home, he's with me at the office right now.

As Nicholson Joker would say, "so much to do, and so little time;" got my final shoot with Les' Joker to take care of tonight also before I send him home so my camera'll be busy tonight.

Just thought I'd jump in with a few more words.

The neck isn't actually too tall, it's phsyically right. However, depending on your viewing angle, because of the dramatic contrast between the cape and the cowl material and the style of the cowl, it can look too tall, but if you squint so it all blurs into a solid shape, you can see it's really nicely done.

Wofford, we can talk if you really want to do something.

Got mine. great figure. Just a little concerned about the ruber suit. Swaping the hands is an utter pain though.

Just thought I'd jump in with a few more words.

The neck isn't actually too tall, it's phsyically right. However, depending on your viewing angle, because of the dramatic contrast between the cape and the cowl material and the style of the cowl, it can look too tall, but if you squint so it all blurs into a solid shape, you can see it's really nicely done.

Wofford, we can talk if you really want to do something.

Yeah, drop me a pm and let me know what's up.

I've had the original Hot Toys and Takara Batman begins figure and now I have the new Hot Toys in hand. It is a superior figure to both and more movie accurate. Not much to add that hasn't been said but I'm very happy with the new Batman and the Bale sculpt that comes with the set is very good. Excellent figure.

Back