Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nhtbats9.jpg

Wow, I can understand if you're on a tight budget, getting a whole new figure of this suit could be a tough call, but if it's not, I can't see ever staying with V1, those elbows alone look horrid.

The new one deffinately puts the old one to shame, but once i got the cape and the old head off and put the bale head on, it didn't look as bad to me. Plus this gives me a way to keep the old one somewhat useful so its not just plunked in a box like a big waste of money now that i have the new one.

The new one deffinately puts the old one to shame, but once i got the cape and the old head off and put the bale head on, it didn't look as bad to me. Plus this gives me a way to keep the old one somewhat useful so its not just plunked in a box like a big waste of money now that i have the new one.

Did you photoshop or literally remove the eyes and mouth from the old cowl? I'm curious cuz if you really did it, I wonder how it was made that it was fairly easy to do.

Did you photoshop or literally remove the eyes and mouth from the old cowl? I'm curious cuz if you really did it, I wonder how it was made that it was fairly easy to do.

I removed the eyes and mouth and inner head of the old one so its now just a hollow cowl.

I wouldn't call the whole process "easy" by any means it takes some serious prying and heating up to get the blank head out of the cowl head. The construction of the head is basically a blank white head on the neck joint, then the cowl sculpt which is the whole exterior you see face eyes/cowl one piece basically molded over the blank head underneath. Its a very tight fit, i ended up popping the neck joint out and crushing the blank head underneath into a pretty malformed shape just prying it out of the cowl.

Then i just cut the eyes and mouth out, being hollow inside, little trim and painting over the cast fleshtone and its good to go.

I'd only recommend it if you really want an empty cowl and feel like putting in some serious hand cramping effort, the only advice i can give, is have a flat head screwdriver and hot water, heat the head up really well so the outer cowl is soft enough to pry out the inner head.

nhtbats9.jpg

Wow, I can understand if you're on a tight budget, getting a whole new figure of this suit could be a tough call, but if it's not, I can't see ever staying with V1, those elbows alone look horrid.

Even with the knobby elbow, it looks good to me and the Bale head can at least be used..

Than again what do i know, I spent money on a DC Direct Batman...

Damn that hurt...for 60 bucks more I could've had an HT Joker or the new suit HT Batman.

:(

I removed the eyes and mouth and inner head of the old one so its now just a hollow cowl.

I wouldn't call the whole process "easy" by any means it takes some serious prying and heating up to get the blank head out of the cowl head. The construction of the head is basically a blank white head on the neck joint, then the cowl sculpt which is the whole exterior you see face eyes/cowl one piece basically molded over the blank head underneath. Its a very tight fit, i ended up popping the neck joint out and crushing the blank head underneath into a pretty malformed shape just prying it out of the cowl.

Then i just cut the eyes and mouth out, being hollow inside, little trim and painting over the cast fleshtone and its good to go.

I'd only recommend it if you really want an empty cowl and feel like putting in some serious hand cramping effort, the only advice i can give, is have a flat head screwdriver and hot water, heat the head up really well so the outer cowl is soft enough to pry out the inner head.

Thanks for the info, I don't have the V1 but I was curious how the head was made if you were able to make a hollow cowl out of it. I find it interesting that with the new Batman stuff, the head is solid cast and the mouth are is separately added, you can see the slight gap between the nose and flesh from the profile on this figure, but same goes for the 1/4 Batman bust.

That pic is indeed awesome. Just like a poster.

I believe the background is a poster. There was a rarely scene poster of Batman from Begins standing in the cave just barely caught in some light. I found it online somewhere once, thought it was really cool but never saw it when the movie came out. It was a great choice for a piece with this figure, I'm guilty of it too, but the old sienna toned images get boring after awhile, Begins oversaturated that look in their marketing.

I believe the background is a poster. There was a rarely scene poster of Batman from Begins standing in the cave just barely caught in some light. I found it online somewhere once, thought it was really cool but never saw it when the movie came out. It was a great choice for a piece with this figure, I'm guilty of it too, but the old sienna toned images get boring after awhile, Begins oversaturated that look in their marketing.

I know the one you speak of. It's the one I imagined when I made the comment. I use this site for all my posters. It's great for collecting them all in one spot, and a lot of them blow up large enough to print a nice looking 11x17 movie poster with the right paper.

Site:
www.impawards.com
Poster in reference:
https://www.impawards.com/2005/batman_begins_ver2.html

I know the one you speak of. It's the one I imagined when I made the comment. I use this site for all my posters. It's great for collecting them all in one spot, and a lot of them blow up large enough to print a nice looking 11x17 movie poster with the right paper.

Site:
www.impawards.com
Poster in reference:
https://www.impawards.com/2005/batman_begins_ver2.html

Thanks for the link. I found a few sites searching for TDK images that led me to some great High Res Begins materials. Probably my favorite marketing image from Begins is the poster/image of him from the ground looking up the stairs of Arkham with his wings spread coming down through the bats. That one always reminds me of Batman '89 when he comes crashing down through the museum skylight, just something real cool and inhuman the way the spread cape looks in both instances.

i have that poster, and the one with him flying bought them off e-bay when BB first came out ..came to find out that their fake! i learned my lesson.. ill never by another poster from e-bay to many liars saying something original..when they in fact print it themselves...

:lol

I too know of this one. Hidden it has been.

Indiana Jones 5: The Search for the Lost Poster

i have that poster, and the one with him flying bought them off e-bay when BB first came out ..came to find out that their fake! i learned my lesson.. ill never by another poster from e-bay to many liars saying something original..when they in fact print it themselves...

Yeah, you gotta be careful, I bought a Rambo poster thinking it was official, though fortunately, I kinda like it better than the official one.

Great photoshop work Maulfan!!

I can't take credit for that one, Magnuz is the creator of the black poster image, I did a few blue ones like 4 pages back a couple days ago, but this one isn't mine. Magnuz is a talented image maker.

Heh its easy to confuse maulfans the best here and i do like to copy him sometimes like with this one...
nhtbatlit2.jpg

As for the other one, it is the international poster from batman begins, featuring him dong much the same as with my image, walking in the batcave, i just took a picture of the figure in a similiar pose, cut it out pasted it into the poster, and did some smoothing of edges and removing of excess background then adjust the colors and layer styles using multiple layers to create the tone and look of the figure to fit it better into the background.

It came out alot better than i expected, one of the best i've done, alot better than the much simpler one above heh.

Back