Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw part of Batman Forever this past weekend. What a siht film. It doesn't hold up in any shape or form. And Jones' Two-Face was an embarrassment. All that jumping in place, cackling, and tilting his head sideways while he hoots. Ugh!

LOL

Me too, I just tried sitting thru it a few days ago...

I failed.....I couldn't....not with Lee Jones playing 2 face the chimp jumping all around...he should've been in speed racer instead as chim chim!

Another poster
htposter3.jpg

Looks good..

another to my collection...thank u

LOL

Me too, I just tried sitting thru it a few days ago...

I failed.....I couldn't....not with Lee Jones playing 2 face the chimp jumping all around...he should've been in speed racer instead as chim chim!

:lol

I never liked Batman Forever much, nor the abysmal 4th one. But I find I really despise it now. It's beyond campy. It's just idiotic. How did Schumacher get those actors to do all that "chimp" stuff and then come back to work the next day?

:lol

I never liked Batman Forever much, nor the abysmal 4th one. But I find I really despise it now. It's beyond campy. It's just idiotic. How did Schumacher get those actors to do all that "chimp" stuff and then come back to work the next day?

Same here...

I never liked 3 and 4 to begin with either (I love the 1st one though with Keaton, still awesome to this day although doesn't hold a candle to BB and TDK although lets not forget that the first Batman was hailed as the newer darker Batman vs what had come before which was the TV show so TDK being hailed as the newer darker Batman isn't something new as some believe) but now I hate them.

I used to own them to be a Batman completist....not anymore....cya...

When you think about it, Nicholson's Joker wouldn't fit into TDK as much as Ledger's wouldn't fit into # 1. They were perfect Jokers for their time....

Who knows what the future holds. 20 yrs from now, Ledger's Joker might be looked upon as a non terrifying Joker...

When you think about it, Nicholson's Joker wouldn't fit into TDK as much as Ledger's wouldn't fit into # 1. They were perfect Jokers for their time....

Who knows what the future holds. 20 yrs from now, Ledger's Joker might be looked upon as a non terrifying Joker...

I've wondered the same thing. At one time, the Keaton Batman was cool because it was relatively dark for the time. It seems Batman just keeps getting darker. Are we all getting so cynical?

Can't imagine a darker Batman than TDK, but never say never.

Of course, when times change, the economy and times get better for our country, we may swing back to the nostalgia of a fun, campy Batman.

I have to say, i did like the suit Val Kilmer first had in Batman Forever(- the nipples) though but, yea those movies are sheeet!

I've wondered the same thing. At one time, the Keaton Batman was cool because it was relatively dark for the time. It seems Batman just keeps getting darker. Are we all getting so cynical?

Can't imagine a darker Batman than TDK, but never say never.

Of course, when times change, the economy and times get better for our country, we may swing back to the nostalgia of a fun, campy Batman.

Wow, never thought about that...lol

You're right, it might go the other way...

But it can always be darker....

always...

life indeed can be very sinister....

when good people get corrupted.......darkness envelopes the world...

:(

sheesh, now i'm bummed.

I have to say, i did like the suit Val Kilmer first had in Batman Forever though but, yea those movies are sheeet!

Me too......

I still like the scene where he's up on the roof with the doctor chick...

only thing I liked...

I don't know about liking the suit today though...

hmmmm.....

Now you got me thinking...

Hehe, the tumbler is gonna be sweet. Once I got V2 Bats I had to preorder it. I have absolutely no room for it but something will work out hopefully.

3124322805_4d7b5d970f.jpg

I love this pose, ever since I saw the Takara doing it.
3124343723_7e7df0d891.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch ouch ouch, jye4ever. Major bummer. At these prices I'm too scared to be a little careless with them.

I agree about the Takara, I've bumped the desk and he still remains standing.

I don't know how the construction of the base bodies are for the Hot Toys True Type vs TAKARA GenX Core bodies.

The TAKARA Batman Begins seems pretty light, whilst the Hot Toys v2 is quite solid/heavy.

The key to the Taks stability are the ugly two piece ankles and boots. While HT made a nice improvement in ankle articulation with the softer boot material it still doesn't offer the standing power that the Tak Bats does.

The key to the Taks stability are the ugly two piece ankles and boots. While HT made a nice improvement in ankle articulation with the softer boot material it still doesn't offer the standing power that the Tak Bats does.

Yes, plus the TAKARA is considerable lighter. I'd say the Hot Toys is almost twice as heavy as the TAKARA version. In fact, I was so surprised when I went to collect my TAKARA from the store, I thought it was an empty box! :p

Wonder what kind of materials/plastics are used for the 2 different bodies.

The extra weight on the Hot Toys makes it top heavy (as someone said here before) and add to the fact that the weak ankle articulation, I have myself a "base-jumping" Batman.

He took a dive off the shelf once, when I wasn't using the stand. Good thing there was no damage on him. I have him displayed with the stand now, don't want to risk him doing another crazy stunt like that again! :p

Yes, plus the TAKARA is considerable lighter. I'd say the Hot Toys is almost twice as heavy as the TAKARA version. In fact, I was so surprised when I went to collect my TAKARA from the store, I thought it was an empty box! :p

Wonder what kind of materials/plastics are used for the 2 different bodies.

The extra weight on the Hot Toys makes it top heavy (as someone said here before) and add to the fact that the weak ankle articulation, I have myself a "base-jumping" Batman.

He took a dive off the shelf once, when I wasn't using the stand. Good thing there was no damage on him. I have him displayed with the stand now, don't want to risk him doing another crazy stunt like that again! :p

Same here but I really hate using the stand. The Takara looks better w/o it but no way am I going to allow another nose dive.

I'll be trying the kleenex-toilet paper in the boot trick today to see if it increases stability and i'll report back.

It really should be displayed w/o the stand, looks so much better.

Plus the fact that the stand is leaving a mark on the inner thigh rubber from the rubbing and movement.

:(

Back