Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching Batman (89) this weekend and the suit does look so restrictive and Keaton's movements are very stiff because of it. I think the suit looked great though. There are certain shots like the one where he drops down into the museum to rescue Vicki Vale where his face does look very scruntched up in the cowl. Customs I have seen of him in that suit always seem to highlight this.

True,

at best it's a mixed bag.

Parts of it I LOVE in the movie but then the poor movement rears its ugly head.

Fight crime, forget about it, he could barely move! He had to turn his entire body to where he wanted to look because of that neck and cowl design, especially by part 2. His cowl wa as thick as a tank and the eye sockets were so freaking huge by that point.

Still though, in many far shots and close ups, it looked awesome and for its time was a very good representation of the character. The scenes with him dressing up or at the computer speaking with VV are classic, especially the light around the eyes.

The drive back to the Bat cave with VV is still my favorite "returning to the Bat cave scene" when compared to the similar scene from BB where he's bringing back the poisoned Rachel. Not the chase, BB blows 89 BM with anything to do with car chases and action, i'm just referring to that simple drive back to the cave. Burton did that very well. It's the only time that the 89 car looked menacing and powerful!

Yup his face sometimes looked "crunched" but that's entertainment, it added texture and personality to a character who requires lots of that.

His place in Batman history belongs, that first movie kicked ass back then and still holds up today against the newer, darker, meaner more cynical movie.

Yes BB and TDK are my (and probably most) favorite Batman movies but 89 will always have a place on my movie shelf.

Excelsior 89 Batman.......plus that music is iconic now.

why do you think this figure is going to become a grail? I was never a fan of the Keaton costume. Don't like the yellow in the emblem and i always thought his lower face part looked too scrunched or awkward.

???

NO dude, I said HT BB. :D

HT will never make another BB Fig IMO and it is kind of getting overshadowed by Joker but I think in time it will be considered one of those HT grail items.

Such a classic.

The scenes with him dressing up or at the computer speaking with VV are classic, especially the light around the eyes.

The drive back to the Bat cave with VV is still my favorite "returning to the Bat cave scene" when compared to the similar scene from BB where he's bringing back the poisoned Rachel. Not the chase, BB blows 89 BM with anything to do with car chases and action, i'm just referring to that simple drive back to the cave. Burton did that very well. It's the only time that the 89 car looked menacing and powerful!

Yes BB and TDK are my (and probably most) favorite Batman movies but 89 will always have a place on my movie shelf.

Excelsior 89 Batman.......plus that music is iconic now.

I agree completely with these points.. I LOVE the ride back to the Batcave.

The 89 Batmobile is a piece of art (60's is still better), but the Tumbler is more practicle of a vehicle for Batmans needs.

I agree completely with these points.. I LOVE the ride back to the Batcave.

amen, thanks to the artistic qualities of Burton...

IF nolan would work together with someone like Burton for the artistic sides of his (batman)movies, it would be..perfect? :)

amen, thanks to the artistic qualities of Burton...

IF nolan would work together with someone like Burton for the artistic sides of his (batman)movies, it would be..perfect? :)

Not going to happen though, Nolan's movies represent exactly how he wants his Batman world to look.

Not going to happen though, Nolan's movies represent exactly how he wants his Batman world to look.

that is true, but personally I kinda liked the artistic and mythical aura Burton gave the Batman-character.

I hope that if film n°3 from nolan will come, and if it focus on the batman character, it will have a little bit more of that mythical, mysterious thing going on...

If there is a 3rd Nolan film, I'm certain the mythology will be built, I think that's what his story has been leading to. Batman's been a work in progress for the first 2 chapters, chapter 3 should be about solidifying what he is.

If there is a 3rd Nolan film, I'm certain the mythology will be built, I think that's what his story has been leading to. Batman's been a work in progress for the first 2 chapters, chapter 3 should be about solidifying what he is.

translated: should be a lot of space to make batman REALLY bad-ass :) the ultimate batman on film

batmanhaunted.jpg

I like this picture of Batman alot from begins.. it really does make him look like a mythic creature of the night.

IMO it's very haunting..
This pic is awesome .. had to qoute it. He almost looks like draucla.

I love how burton gave the batman character a very mythic prescents, like "The Bat-Man" if you watch Batman returns especially..

I'll agree Burton made him seem more like a creature than a man with his visual style, but to me, Returns lost that, the man became more clear and even the armor stood out more like he was a guy in a suit.

I'll agree Burton made him seem more like a creature than a man with his visual style, but to me, Returns lost that, the man became more clear and even the armor stood out more like he was a guy in a suit.

yeah true, but the rest of that movie (settings, atmosphere, etc) was very fairy tail like, very burton..

best batman movie would be:
the mythical aura round batman like in the '89 film
the strong story telling of Nolan
and maybe the somewhat fairy tail/ out of this world- like environment from Returns...

Depends on what you're looking for in the movies, which is why it's great there are a few takes on the character, leaves options.

For me, I like Batman himself being treated and portrayed like a creature of the night, powerful and lurking in the shadows and looming over rooftops, which got lost a bit in TDK from Begins, but as far as Gotham's portrayal, I prefer Nolan's real work take at this point in my life. I find Wayne more relatable being a guy in essentially our world struggling with things. Put the character in a more fantasy context and I lose some of that connection.

It's tough to do a gritty fantasy. The two styles are almost mutually exclusive. Fantasy is more light-hearted at it's core, while you got to be a bit realistic and dark to make something gritty. It would be hard to do a gritty Star Wars.

It would be an interesting experiment to get right. I think "Legend" suffered greatly from Ridley's very realistic, gritty sensibilities thrust into a world of total archetypical fantasy. It comes out disturbing.

On a side note, I don't care for the way Gotham is portrayed in BB or TDK. It's weird, sometimes it's straight shots of Chicago, then other times it has crazy raised trains on a Burton-esque rail system. The mix doesn't always look right or make sense.

I thought about the monorail when I was watching TDK. It was totally absent.

I hope Nolan does a 3rd film. The only possilbe villain that I could imagine having as much impact as the The Joker (or Two Face for that matter) would be Black Mask. If they want to keep the focus on crime bosses etc he would make sense.

I still like the idea that was rumoured of a Penguin cameo where he is portrayed as a British arms dealer.

Further use of Scarecrow would be good too but they'd have to ditch that mask and suit thing.

Not as hard as you think. I would love a gritty story set in the Star Wars universe.

It's all about tone. The Star Wars universe is so vast you could probably do just about anything there. Hell, they showed us a Steam-Punk version.

My point was, doesn't mean it can be translated into a good story or a good movie. Would you want a gritty, hard-edged "Peter Pan"? Sure you could do it, but would it work? That's always the question. Some genres just work best with certain story tones at certain times. It's a bit like music. You could play any instruments you want together, but only certain instruments sound good with each other for certain tones or moods.

But I must emphasize, this all depends on time and place as well. Time in history. Place meaning the mood of a people, the overall "tone" of the society at any given time. The tone of storytelling is relative.

Back