Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic. Damn, HT nailed the cowl.

2815938848_bf75dcdd3b_o.jpg

should i get this suit or the dark knight suit, i really wanna get the dark knight suit but i dont wanna wait that long to get a batman figure.
what should i do?

Anyways, while I agree with MaulFan that a little of his roof top mystique was absent in TDK (only eluded too in the beginning with the thugs running scared when the signal was lit),

In the beginning when he jumps his car into the garage, well done and powerful and that was also part of his mysterious darkness, I wish they would've had more of that.

indeed, I would prefer this kind of realistic mythical batman from nolan than the burton mystique...but unfortunately Noland didn't put more scenes like the ones you mentioned, they worked very great!

Even the scene with Batman + Gordon + Dent on the rooftop where the 2 of them have a discussion while batman just looks at them, had a kinda mystical-thing about it

should i get this suit or the dark knight suit, i really wanna get the dark knight suit but i dont wanna wait that long to get a batman figure.
what should i do?

Wait for TDK suit. It'll be worth every wait. Unless you can afford it, get both, but TDK version should be top priority.

what should i do?

Good things come to those who wait.....

NAhhhh......get both...

It all depends on how you want him represented and what image you think he looks the most bad ass in.

As far as quality goes, I believe the new suit and Batman head and face sculpt will probably have the same excellent quality as the original costume had plus the CB head will be the same.

Do you prefer a louder sharper edged military looking Batman or a smoother and stealthy outfit closer to BB.

Hard choices indeed.

what should i do?

What I did was I knew people would get rid of their takara Batman so I waited for a deal and got one for a great deal and now I have a awesome Batman figure to hold me over until the new Hot Toys TDK Batman. Sure its not as good as the Hot Toys BB but the Takara one is still very good

What I did was I knew people would get rid of their takara Batman so I waited for a deal and got one for a great deal and now I have a awesome Batman figure to hold me over until the new Hot Toys TDK Batman. Sure its not as good as the Hot Toys BB but the Takara one is still very good

this was my plan, the problem is...here in manila..even the takara BB is very hard to find...:) :banghead

by the way...
fantastic pics there maulfan!
great job...you are making me bang my head harder coz i dont have a bat to play with yet...

Here's a wallpaper i threw together, nothing fancy just straight pics of the figure because its so impressive.
htbatwall.jpg

Also if anyone wants wallpaper size versions of my other two poster pics let me know and i'll post them up.

This pic reminded me of that GIF file of Begins Batman Kicking Returns Superman..it was hilarious..i can't upload it though..to big of a file.

I think you did well. What makes you say the Hot Toys BB is better? I think the Takara is better. I like to think of Batman as a nimble athlete, not a heavy set roust about. The Takara poses better too. I wouldn't feel bad about having the Takara at all. You'll see what I mean when you get the Hot Toys TDK figure. Best of both worlds, I'd say. As far as I'm concerned the Hot Toys one just has a better head, and you'll have that when TDK comes in.

I think you did well. What makes you say the Hot Toys BB is better? I think the Takara is better. I like to think of Batman as a nimble athlete, not a heavy set roust about. The Takara poses better too. I wouldn't feel bad about having the Takara at all. You'll see what I mean when you get the Hot Toys TDK figure. Best of both worlds, I'd say. As far as I'm concerned the Hot Toys one just has a better head, and you'll have that when TDK comes in.

I've always shared that sentiment until I held the HT Batman in my hands. However, there are aspects of which the Takara Bats still overtakes HT's efforts (cape, accessories, ankle artic, etc), so it's still a worthy figure to own.

I think the Hot Toys BB looks better. More movie accurate because he isnt as skinny but I imagine it kinda like you. The takara one is more like an athletic Batman. I see all these pics of the new ht bb and kinda wish I passed on the Takara but I know once it comes in the mail ill be happy

Actually, this new figure from Hot Toys outdoes some articulation aspects of the Takara figure.

The Takara arms are pretty weak and don't hold in place for some poses. The HT True Type mixed with thinner rubber allows the arms to hold and achieve more poses than the Takara figure.

Takara's a sharp figure, but there's more to this new HT figure than just a nice cowl sculpt.

I think the Hot Toys BB looks better. More movie accurate because he isnt as skinny but I imagine it kinda like you. The takara one is more like an athletic Batman. I see all these pics of the new ht bb and kinda wish I passed on the Takara but I know once it comes in the mail ill be happy

I have the first BB Batman. Then, much later, I bought the Takara. So we're kinda coming at this from both directions. :lol Very interesting. Thanks for your take on it.

Actually, this new figure from Hot Toys outdoes some articulation aspects of the Takara figure.

The Takara arms are pretty weak and don't hold in place for some poses. The HT True Type mixed with thinner rubber allows the arms to hold and achieve more poses than the Takara figure.

Takara's a sharp figure, but there's more to this new HT figure than just a nice cowl sculpt.

I can only imagine. Thus I can only really have any input from a visual standpoint. I just think the Takara has a nicer visual appeal. The resculpted head is obviously outstanding on the newer BB Batman. I can't weigh in on it's actual improved poseability. I'm thinking it will be relatively the same on the DK figure, and will have to wait till then to get the fix you already have.

I managed to acquire a V2 head, so I'm pretty happy at not having to sell to respend, and was surprised how earlier photo's somehow gave his neck that giraffe look which didn't actually translate in hand. Don't know if that was a Hot Toys revision or not, but it turned out alright.

The takara never had visual appeal to me personally, it was more appeal of the articulation and accessories. Visually he was too skinny and the suit was too cheap looking (not saying it was cheap just looked it) and i didn't like some of its design aspects, the cut in the cowl for the neck joint, the giganto feet, and the ass flaps.

I got the hot toys v1 and was content with it, it couldn't pose much, and didnt have the accessories, but with reworking it was good for me, the v2 is 20 times better than it, and brings one of the best aspects of the tak to the hot toys style, the articulation. With a better bale head and now some decent hands its almost the same in accessories too, it only really lacks the harness.

Overall its look design and sculpt is far better than the tacks, visually its still fantastic, and he's not that massive, hes thinner than the v1 hot toys and closer to a slim size that he was in certain shots of begins, not skinny liek the tak but not fat like the ht v1. Remember he was never as thin as he is in the TDK suit when in the begins suit, the beginning of TDK is a fine example of how massive he looked in that thing, then later in the film hes in the new suit and very thin and mobile looking. The taks figure size resembles more the new suit than the old one so its visually incorrect for its costume.

Back