Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have my Tak Bats and plan on keeping him, but I see him as an interpretation of the movie character, with a more dynamic comic book physique and feel. The new HT one is more like a facsimile of the screen seen outfit, so I love em both for different reasons.

And for the record, though not accurate, I've always loved the feet on Tak Bats, they give him a kind of Manga feel.

Nothing says 'kick in the head' like club feet. :lol

I have to agree with what everyone says. Batman has to be about the most interpreted, rerendered superheroes of all time. Call it Batman and it goes straight to 'in demand'.

That is the beauty of the Takara figure, it's not a screen representation of him, but as a figure of Batman, it's top notch, long flowing cape, cool costuming and accessories. I'm not going to part with mine, it still serves purposes.

That is the beauty of the Takara figure, it's not a screen representation of him, but as a figure of Batman, it's top notch, long flowing cape, cool costuming and accessories. I'm not going to part with mine, it still serves purposes.

Agreed. I don't know what it is with some, that seem to like slagging the Takara after this version came out. Everyone praised the Takara left and right.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11178052@N03/with/2586909290/

Now some just jumped on the slagging bandwagon for Takara since the Hot Toy's version was released.

I found that the Takara body is very good once it is removed from the rubber suit. it holds poses very well, it's just that the suit is very thick. I put a HT body in the suit and even that didn't hold poses for very long.
The tak body is back in the Tak suit now.
Both Batmen? are very cool and I am pleased that I can have the many stages of Bruce Wayne to Batman on my shelf.

I have the Takara and HT BB figures and the Takara is superb, pose-ability is amazing.
Love the look of the HT one but not sure I'd like to choose between them.

I took a crack at some quick fan posters using shots I took a week ago.

TDK_fanposter01a.jpg

TDK_fanposter02a.jpg

Ah so it was you that had the busted Batman. Did you get a new one or fix up the knee joint?

Ah so it was you that had the busted Batman. Did you get a new one or fix up the knee joint?

Toys2 is hooking me up with a replacement when the second wave arrives, but the busted knee had nothing to do with the pose in the picture. I had Batman bending slightly forward at the torso. The suit just bunches up depending on the pose.

Can you buy a separate cowl? or is that custom and you cut out the eyes and mouth area from the first version?

Can you buy a separate cowl? or is that custom and you cut out the eyes and mouth area from the first version?

Magnuz took the cowl from the first Hot Toys Batman from 2005 and customized it to remove the mouth and eyes, it looks great.

Indeed, it does look great. Is it made of rubber? I can't remember what the cowl feels like on the new version, as I boxed it up.

The cowl is rubber, it is an actual cowl except for the mouth and eyes that need to be cut out, the cowl itself is hollow and is probably heat formed over the blank white head underneath for the snug fit in hte stock figure, but once the inner heads removed its an accurately sized hollow cowl, cut out the eyes and mouth and bam its perfect for an accessory.

Takara definetly does not have the same skin texture on his face and let´s leave out the Bale sculpt, I still prefer the normal Takara over the normal Batman suit, simply because IT CAN move the head....in your face Lucius Fox, but I will completely change my mind when the Dark Knight suit V.2 arrives, even the medicom version looks cooler than takara.

Back