Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be more careful with your accusations when it comes to
razorsedge.

Serious_internet_businessmen.jpg

Because Razor´s Edge´s baby Jesus will cry and tell on you and then you will go to mormon hell, which is infact normal heaven, because nobody comes to mormon heaven.

Guys, chill. MaulFan wasn't trying to accuse anyone of anything. I know that for a fact because he and I spoke privately about it yesterday. We all now know that I made the image for the site, so there's no point discussing it further.

Now will someone post some pics of Batman please!!!! :joy :joy :joy

2. That's hard to say. It's a thinner rubber than some other figures out their using the same type of design. Given the right care and environmental conditions, it ought to last quite some time, but there's always a chance of spots maybe not coming off production as thick and giving out or whatever. It's really a gamble buying figures like this, with rubber, ^^^^ can happen more so than a standard figure. If you like the figure enough, to me, it's worth taking the chance.

3. This question sort of has bearing on question 2. Can it hold dynamic poses, yes, the body is tight and the rubber is soft and flexible. However, for shelf display purposes, I wouldn't suggest anything too dynamic as long term flexing of the suit could lead to problems. It's versatile for photos and can still pose fairly dynamicly for your shelf, but you'll want to observe what your pose choice does to the rubber suit and make sure it's not stretching it much or anything because over time, that tension could cause tears and things.

I'm thinking of using leather restorer. I'm just not sure at the moment. You know so it keeps the rubber moist, or feeds it rather so to speak... so it doesn't dry up and crack.

Also best not to keep it anywhere with lots of heat. I remember I had this same problem with one of my watch straps. Soon as the strap started to bend, it cracked. Dried up from being in a cabinet in front of the radiator. :eek:

So DC Direct is not making this figure available? I was only able to order the Hot Toys new Batman suit from my LCS since that's all that Previews listed besides the Joker. :(

So DC Direct is not making this figure available? I was only able to order the Hot Toys new Batman suit from my LCS since that's all that Previews listed besides the Joker. :(

Yes, they do.. :D

It’s probably just out of stock. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
I was absolutely sure I have seen it on my dealers site …but now I not so sure anymore. Hmmm.. :duh

Last edited:
So DC Direct is not making this figure available?

Correct, for some reason, they either can't or don't want to sell the Begins suit figure, maybe they feel like the demand for it won't go beyond the numbers already being bought through other sources and would be stuck with merchandise.

Correct, for some reason, they either can't or don't want to sell the Begins suit figure, maybe they feel like the demand for it won't go beyond the numbers already being bought through other sources and would be stuck with merchandise.
That's exactly what I thought but I'm definitely a little disappointed. I would love to pick one of these up through my LCS but looks like my only option right now is eBay....

Hey all dose any one know where i can get the jokers trad mark suit... i got the hot toys bank one and dont want to have to buy the other.....

Is the hot toys batman begins figure realy that much better than the takara I have the takara and saw that some people said the ht one is better is it worth geting???....

Hey all dose any one know where i can get the jokers trad mark suit... i got the hot toys bank one and dont want to have to buy the other.....

Is the hot toys batman begins figure realy that much better than the takara I have the takara and saw that some people said the ht one is better is it worth geting???....

in both cases I buy both, because both can be mixed to have the best figure.

For the Joker, I use the bank robber joker-head on the normal joker body. + I can use one of the other heads from the bank robber joker on the bank robber joker. So in the end you got 2 nice looking, movie accurate jokers :)

for batman I buy the hot toys and am planning to put on the takara cape on the hot toys version.. (will sell my takara with the hot toys cape though)

in both cases I buy both, because both can be mixed to have the best figure.

For the Joker, I use the bank robber joker-head on the normal joker body. + I can use one of the other heads from the bank robber joker on the bank robber joker. So in the end you got 2 nice looking, movie accurate jokers :)

for batman I buy the hot toys and am planning to put on the takara cape on the hot toys version.. (will sell my takara with the hot toys cape though)

thanks for the advise sounds cool too me.....:wacky

I have to tell ya...while I do like the HT OC Batman, the few (as in 3) items that bother me are unfortunately really beginning to bother me even more and not less. I was hoping for my feelings to go the other way but no such luck. Here it goes from the most to least annoying.

1. Takara and its excellent stability (as in pose and forget) w/o a stand really makes me begin to get annoyed that I need to use the stand with the HT or a falling he will go! Not good!
2. The excellent flow, weight and drop of the Takara cape vs that thick and uneven HT cape (inside longer than the outside at the edge, not just in Mike's review, on a few of them from what i've read). Don't even get me started on those annoying cape connectors. HT sure must be happy that Iron Man doesn't wear a cape!
3. The movement of his head/cowl.....ummm....more like the minimal movement of his head/cowl! Mine is stuck in a slightly looking to the right position because it's the only way that I can make sure that his right triangle cape connector is aligned with the bottom of the cowl. If I move the head to the middle, the connector and cape looks silly. The Takara's head is seperate from the cowl therefore his head has plenty of movement while his cowl always remains connected over the cape, always looking spectacular no matter the head position!

Going back to # 1, it's a real shame because his boots are awesome yet they're as strong as a boiled spaghetti. I have each of them on my speakers, the HT needs the stand or else!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Someone needs to combine the Takara and HT into one masterpiece.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Back