Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, I'm more than happy with the way it is the now. Skin tone will always be different no matter what, whether it be who it is, specific scene, light conditions and so on. What is the perfect skin tone? going to compare 100 scenes? :)

Until you see both together side by side, it's amazing how the human eyes can be fooled. Maybe somebody was just that good at posing the cape...? who knows. Or maybe there was better lighting conditions... that threw the skin tone to a more natural look, it's anyones guess.

The cape is quite soft as it is, but the way it sometimes might not fall as it should... it would appear it's a double liner. So if the inside doesn't fall right the outer part wont either.

If this supposedly has changed, I hope they don't make it too light that actual daylight/light shines through that the Takara was obvious when held up to something.

Even though I loved the Takara cape, something about the Hot Toy's version I love.

DSC01647.jpg

This is how the skintone looks like on mine.

image.axd

That's how the skintone looks on the one I saw in person.

HT's know to have second runs of figures not match in skin tone. A lot of wave 2 Jack Sparrow's came out with darker skin than the first wave. On Batman it's not a make or break thing, I don't think the skin is that dark on him.

Finally got my Batman, Wooohoooo!!!! It was a pleasant suprise to receive him earlier than expected. In hand, this fig is awesome. A lot of comments from you guys here are right on the mark.

You'll definitely need a stand to pose this figure in the long run as batman is top heavy, thus rendering him slightly unstable due to the not so tight ankle. I find it quite difficult to swap hand as the peg seems to easily unplug itself from the arm. But this problem is easily remedied by using the hot water treatment. The cape really does need to be adjusted to enable it to drape over batman in a more natural way.

Overall, this fig is kick ass! :emperor

MaulFan, it's ironic, I just happened to be looking at something similar on google. Only difference was his eyes was actually looking at you.

3124343715_a1bbfe7f1e.jpg
batmanbegins084lf2.jpg

Hot Toys
Real​

Last edited:
Very cool shot, MaulFan. Don't know if you actually used blue lighting or if it's just the fig, but I really like the way he looks with the blue on one, and red on the other half of his face.
Another thing I just noticed, the red makes his 'ears' look like devil horns, gives him a very demonic look IMO.

Very cool shot, MaulFan. Don't know if you actually used blue lighting or if it's just the fig, but I really like the way he looks with the blue on one, and red on the other half of his face.
Another thing I just noticed, the red makes his 'ears' look like devil horns, gives him a very demonic look IMO.

Dual light sources. What I did was open a new file in photoshop and filled it with red and blew it up to fill the screen and turned it so it's lighting the figure, but it only caught from one side, so then I took a small, hand held blue LED flashlight and highlight the other side of his head.

Back