Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug205

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just shown at SDCC - looks like pretty much a straight re-release with a new base and different cape.

Attachments

• 452924788_8283521468346153_2734971760348739886_n.jpg
    452924788_8283521468346153_2734971760348739886_n.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 20
Just got my returns HT a few weeks ago, no reason to get this 2.0 from what I see

Whats up with all these reissues? Are they just placeholders until Hot Toys makes them or are they really going back in time and producing these outdated figures? Glad we are getting them though.

Diorama base is a bit random - doesn't really evoke anything from the movie at all?

The least they could do with this is include the ripped cowl and Wayne headsculpt from the double pack they did years ago - I know I'm asking too much of HT to actually make A NEW SCULPT FOR A NEW FIGURE but maybe I will have more luck with asking them to reuse different parts this time.

Diorama base is a bit random - doesn't really evoke anything from the movie at all?
They maybe wanted to translate the 89 gargoyle in a « Art Deco » style…
But yeah you’re right, it doesn’t remind something saw in the movie.
There were so many inspirations tough…
IMG_5248.jpeg

The least they could do with this is include the ripped cowl and Wayne headsculpt from the double pack they did years ago - I know I'm asking too much of HT to actually make A NEW SCULPT FOR A NEW FIGURE but maybe I will have more luck with asking them to reuse different parts this time.

They maybe wanted to translate the 89 gargoyle in a « Art Deco » style…
But yeah you’re right, it doesn’t remind something saw in the movie.
There were so many inspirations tough…
View attachment 715480

It's based on the building in the background. A snow covered base would feel more 'Returns' though.

34e0327be8069531991959132a94a89f--batman-returns-michael-keaton.jpg

Missed the original release. Very excited to finally have a Returns figure in my collection without having to pay the ridiculous asking prices for it on the aftermarket.
Michael Keaton Smile GIF

I am someone who thought the original 89 bats looks better than the new one...

Same with the original Bespin Luke...

Waiting to see more on this one.

I like the base, but it's not enough for me to rebuy this one. I wonder if this is a hint they're going to complete with Jazz Inc and finally make that Catwoman...

I like the base, but it's not enough for me to rebuy this one. I wonder if this is a hint they're going to complete with Jazz Inc and finally make that Catwoman...
After what we’ve seen lately, nothing is off the table. Called this 2.0.

With Hot Toys doing accurate silicone bodies, vinyl material over pleather, rooted hair, it's time for them to take on Returns Catwoman.

I am someone who thought the original 89 bats looks better than the new one...

Same with the original Bespin Luke...

Waiting to see more on this one.
Yeah I’m in the same boat. Still think DX09 absolutely sweats Keaton.
Even if I’ve got the 2.0 on PO, I’m not completely sold on the new sculpt.
I mean the figure looks solid and more modern and refined but can’t really read Keaton in the sculpt.
We’ll see in hands!

Back