Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only reason I’d get this is to have him displayed with Jazz’s Catwoman. Picturing the ripped cowl look on this with his BD Catwoman figure would be quite nice of a display.

Only reason I’d get this is to have him displayed with Jazz’s Catwoman. Picturing the ripped cowl look on this with his BD Catwoman figure would be quite nice of a display.
That Jazz CW is going to be quite expensive ..I just know it.. but I just know she will be perfect paired with this Batman..ugh my wallet :eek:

Since the glider wings come with the standard release, $55 extra seems just a little steep for the Keaton head, torn cowl and diorama base.

Has anyone actually witnessed a torn Returns suit? I see a lot of concern about posing the arms up with the glider causing tearing, but at least on my '89 figure it's never been an issue.

That Bruce head sculpt alone is worth $55 imo, let alone the diorama. I haven't heard of any ripped suits from DX09 or Returns 1.0

I am super thrilled this got announced for order since I passed on the original version years ago for some stupid reason I can't even remember at this point. Just hope they don't f**k it up like they did the 89. Now, bring on 97 Batman & Robin and I will be content, at least for a little while.

I have never purchased two of the exact same figure, but I am torn on whether to get two of this figure since I will be getting the clean and battle damaged Catwoman from JazzInc. From a display standpoint, it makes more sense to me to have them displayed together in their clean and battle damaged forms. I prefer the look of displays that recreate scenes and don't like the looks of a single clean and battle damaged figure displayed together in a museum pose - just looks odd to me. I suppose I just talked myself into a second figure - guess I will go with one regular and one deluxe. Anyone considering two?

They waited till just about all of ‘89 2.0 shipped out before putting this up, called it.
Not always predictable, but sometimes they are.

I likely won’t be displaying it w/o the cowl long term,
I prefer it on when he’s in the suit.

Great to have though, personally think it looks far better than the Mars sculpt, and would look great with their tux.
Not sure what that has to do with this release?

One is from Batman. the other one is from Batman Returns.

2 different suits.

Also, I keep reading that HT ****** the 89 V2. How exactly? I have it and it looks great!

Are my preferences just not as exquisite and refined as some of yours?

2 different suits.

Also, I keep reading that HT ****** the 89 V2. How exactly? I have it and it looks great!

Well they weren’t going to put it up before ‘89 shipped. They have specific timing with these releases, it’s not random that a year later we’re getting Returns 2.0.

I and others just don’t like the suit texture or faceplates. The cowl itself outside of the eye cuts is pretty spot on, I love the gloss emblem and deluxe base, but just not enough for a PO
(I canceled mine on SS).

Maybe Jaxon will deliver the goods with his faceplates. At the end of the day, you like it and that’s quite fine by me.

2 different suits.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

We don't need to bait argument on this again. You're allowed to like the V2 bud. If you really wanna know why people have issues then read through the prior pages in that thread.

Well they weren’t going to put it up before ‘89 shipped. They have specific timing with these releases, it’s not random that a year later we’re getting Returns 2.0.

I and others just don’t like the suit texture or faceplates. The cowl itself outside of the eye cuts is pretty spot on, I love the gloss emblem and deluxe base, but just not enough for a PO
(I canceled mine on SS).

Maybe Jaxon will deliver the goods with his faceplates. At the end of the day, you like it and that’s quite fine by me.

Thank you. The texture then? It doesn't bug me I guess, It looks great behind glass and light. Faceplates also seem fine to me. Very happy with my purchase. But I wouldn't be opposed to getting extra ones from Jaxon, is he making some? His BB HS is great!

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

We don't need to bait argument on this again. You're allowed to like the V2 bud. If you really wanna know why people have issues then read through the prior pages in that thread.

Who's baiting anything, "bud"? I was sincerely asking and got a response.

If you will not answer the q, scroll and don't mind me.

Who's baiting anything, "bud"? I was sincerely asking and got a response.

If you will not answer the q, scroll and don't mind me.
That is baiting an argument.
If me calling you "bud" offends you then my bad lol will avoid in the future

Going to scroll on now
Charlie Day Ok GIF

Thank you. The texture then? It doesn't bug me I guess, It looks great behind glass and light. Faceplates also seem fine to me. Very happy with my purchase. But I wouldn't be opposed to getting extra ones from Jaxon, is he making some? His BB HS is great!
Yeah our current custom options are a set of three faceplates by him, likely $60 range.

Followed by a full cowl by Unreal Customs for $310.

Back to Returns, I think overall this will be a good release, didn’t expect them to dissect the suit and I have no plans on anything other than museum pose with Keaton. Custom cape was always the plan so that’s covered. It’s funny how HT changed Keaton’s eye color on this vs the ‘89 2.0.

I just hope those Bruce Willis faceplates get updated.

Yeah our current custom options are a set of three faceplates by him, likely $60 range.

Back to Returns, I think overall this will be a good release, didn’t expect them to dissect the suit and I have no plans on anything other than museum pose with Keaton. Custom cape was always the plan so that’s covered. It’s funny how HT changed Keaton’s eye color on this vs the ‘89 2.0.

Cool! Are those available to PO anywhere yet?

Any more info on those Jaxon faceplates? So far only seen one.

Cool! Are those available to PO anywhere yet?
Any more info on those Jaxon faceplates? So far only seen one.
I believe it was stated in the ‘89 thread that Jaxon will offer three faceplates, not sure when those will be available for sale, hoping Kit will have them if so.

The Unreal cowl is currently available for PO, though he’s still refining it.

I don't think Jaxon has said anything about 3 faceplates or price. He's only just shown the one current work-in-progress and said it's coming soon.

Back