Hot Toys Batman V. Superman Dawn of Justice Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very possible. It's all about when the license holders clear hot toys to show stuff. I am sure toy soul will have some new stuff. Just no idea what yet. That is hot toys home town con and they really enjoyed it last year.

The thing I'm most curious about is how HT will approach this line. Star Wars will most likely keep going past December, and I've no doubt they'll start throwing Civil War in everyone's faces, so, how does BvS fit in? It's an interesting question because, a few years ago, I'd have said "oh, it's Batman; of course they'll hype the **** out of it and make every possible variation, but, with their Man of Steel line, and what seems like less of a focus on the Dark Knight, I'm definitely left wondering just how much they'll make of it.

The thing I'm most curious about is how HT will approach this line. Star Wars will most likely keep going past December, and I've no doubt they'll start throwing Civil War in everyone's faces, so, how does BvS fit in? It's an interesting question because, a few years ago, I'd have said "oh, it's Batman; of course they'll hype the **** out of it and make every possible variation, but, with their Man of Steel line, and what seems like less of a focus on the Dark Knight, I'm definitely left wondering just how much they'll make of it.

2016 for sure will be a busy year for HT, maybe they will just focused on big three CW, BvS & SW FA. Marvel and DC just completely different though, DC trinity : Super, Bat and WW is a must for most people. Its simply no brainer beside I am getting tired with Marvel stuff with just slightly difference on each movie. Following them is really wallet killer. SW design also so far not impressive, phasma = metallic stromtropper, kylo ren is bland, two new main characters are bland as well. People just waiting Old Han solo and Luke . Also based on design, BvS is most impressive so far, its worth money as 1/6. Bat armored simply another no brainer

I think that Batman v Superman is going to be a big moneymaker for Hot Toys, but I think they might approach the line conservatively (or more conservatively than they have the Marvel line) and not kill it with releases. They only released three figures for Man of Steel (not including the Premium Format Supes), and two of those are still available to buy, as far as I know.

I think the line will consist of...

Superman
Batman
Armored Batman
Wonder Woman
Villain (whoever he is)

I don't think we'll see figures for Aquaman, Cyborg, or Flash just yet, as everything we've heard so far has said that their presence in the movie is going to be super brief. I could be wrong. We'll see.

is it true that Batman will have a 2nd armored suit in the movie? i hear some rumors that there will be a 2nd one thats silver/chrome plated...

Ht will do ALOT of figurers from this movie if it is a BIG huge hit like I think it will be. IN other words- 3 figures to start out before release- maybe 1-2 shown at release and more after release if it's a blockbuster.

Doubtful- probably an Asian Toy Fair much more likely when they show the figures- we can hope though!

2016 for sure will be a busy year for HT, maybe they will just focused on big three CW, BvS & SW FA. Marvel and DC just completely different though, DC trinity : Super, Bat and WW is a must for most people. Its simply no brainer beside I am getting tired with Marvel stuff with just slightly difference on each movie. Following them is really wallet killer. SW design also so far not impressive, phasma = metallic stromtropper, kylo ren is bland, two new main characters are bland as well. People just waiting Old Han solo and Luke . Also based on design, BvS is most impressive so far, its worth money as 1/6. Bat armored simply another no brainer

I agree, I do think they've over done their Marvel licence – Iron Man seems to sell well, but how many CA's, Thors or Black Widow's will the average collector buy? With the price of these things I expect even the biggest Avengers fan will only get one complete team.
The DC Trinity is an absolute definte buy for me, Suicide Squad too... but think that may be a bit too much wishful thinking!

Im not even collecting the complete team from one movie, mine is going to stretch from at least AoU to IW to collect all of the Avengers unless I use one of my IM3 figures or the new IM1 Mark 3 to represent Stark.

With DC for me its all about Batman but I think I will be picking up a Superman from this film too... be daft not to! From there I really don't know as I can see DC having the same issues as GotG where I want to see the film then regret not picking up a Starlord (or an Aqua Man)

For this film, I think I will just be picking up a regular Bats and Supes. I already have MoS Supes, but Superman is one of my favorite characters and I like to collect each figure from my favorite characters.

From NY comicon. Mattel. Knightmare???

FB_IMG_1444323810912.jpg
DSC07313.jpgDSC07311.jpg

Play arts kai
DSC07229.jpgDSC07226.jpgDSC07222.jpgDSC07223.jpg

Last edited:
Those weren't actually Mattel Prop Replicas. That was a mis-post on Toyark's part. They're actual props from the film that were lumped in with Mattel's BvS stuff, from what I understand.

I'm curious if we see an HT Luthor. We got a Trevor Slattery Mandarin, so, I'd think they wouldn't be averse to doing the film's villain, even if he was a gawky, geeky Silicon Valley tech-head.

Those weren't actually Mattel Prop Replicas. That was a mis-post on Toyark's part. They're actual props from the film that were lumped in with Mattel's BvS stuff, from what I understand.

Crap!! I thought they looked too good...hope someone else WILL make them

Back