Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will for sure see this sculpt again given how well it has been received. I will bet gold-pressed latinum that we will see Artisan A1 Widow next year. But I’m really rooting (pun intended) for Artisan TWS Widow and Artisan CW Widow.

We will for sure see this sculpt again given how well it has been received. I will bet gold-pressed latinum that we will see Artisan A1 Widow next year. But I’m really rooting (pun intended) for Artisan TWS Widow and Artisan CW Widow.
The only drawback is that this one started at $385 and the next one will likely cross the $400 mark, maybe at $415 for the Artisan A1 Widow? Each iteration of the regular HT Widow in the past went up by about $30 at SSC (started at $150 up to $260). Applying the same logic, by the time of Artisan CW Widow, it could easily be at $450! That’s way too rich for my blood.

I think you can try to use this:
IMG_6310.jpeg
to try to pose it like this:
IMG_6336.jpeg
it’s not going to work 100% as the HT revised proportions are still not close enough to actual ScarJo body for obvious reasons… LOL

I think you can try to use this:View attachment 717254 to try to pose it like this:View attachment 717256 it’s not going to work 100% as the HT revised proportions are still not close enough to actual ScarJo body for obvious reasons… LOL
Problem is in most promotional images they airbrush Scarlett’s body shape 😂 check out the winter soldier poster criticism. They made her waist thinner for the poster! Her body proportions have also changed through the films too. Add into that the fact different suit designs pull her body into different shapes and it’s impossible to get it right.

I guess the best they can do is match a specific poster or still.

I actually prefer the A1 image than the clearly “idealised” WS one.

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

Last edited:
The only drawback is that this one started at $385 and the next one will likely cross the $400 mark, maybe at $415 for the Artisan A1 Widow? Each iteration of the regular HT Widow in the past went up by about $30 at SSC (started at $150 up to $260). Applying the same logic, by the time of Artisan CW Widow, it could easily be at $450! That’s way too rich for my blood.
Yeah, I was willing to shell out for this one as I didn't have this version, sculpt/paint is beautiful; it was her entry into the MCU; and for me it's a "definitive widow" look.

I like my ladies with long hair, too. So I think I might just stop with this Widow artisan. $$$$$. I had FOMO too and was too glassy-eyed to think about the price and too freaked out by Sideshow's sadistic ordering process. But, yah know, $400. :eek:

Okay I don't think they're going to make a leopard print dress party version of IM2 Romanoff but if they ever do I'll pay for yours and you can quote me on that :rotfl
But I fully expect HT to do this one when they get to Artisan CW Black Widow in 2027, maybe this will be their con exclusive:
IMG_6338.jpeg

It’s crazy to think that HT pretty much started all the female figures with real hair and adapted to sculpted only to morph into an artisan style
They went molded hair because those versions have braided hair. I don’t think HT has attempted braided hair in their Artisan line so far. But there is always a first time for everything.

You be the judge…
Eh, I disagree. I still like my WS, CW, IW Widows. Great paint IMO. Even Ultron, tho the hair is a problem. I quit when they went to vinyl hair; tho "I needed to reduce collecting" after shelling out for the Artisan:lol

Think I'll like the arc on my shelf tho - going for a "more makeup" look to less from WS to IW e.g. ditching the eyeliner at WS.

Back