Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit that I’m not a big fan of short hair Widows (A1, A2 & Infinty War). While I get the universal appeal of the A1 Widow, I think the one a lot more people will go gaga for is TWS Widow to go Artisan:
IMG_6348.jpeg

I think this look is superior to A1 in every single way, but I get that people collect by line and this look was not in an Avengers movie. So if the queuing for this Artisan IM2 was considered bad, I expect the one for Artisan A1 will be way worse and the one for Artisan TWS will be absolutely terrible (given the same 6000 pieces limit) I am not even going to talk about Artisan CW…

I wonder if HT opens PO for Artisan A1 before final product release of this Artisan IM2 (which I think is entirely plausible), would a lot of people cancel this and jump on the A1 instead?

I’ve noticed every Avengers film …she had short hair…every Cap related film …she had long hair and IW and EG it was a mix and IM and the BW film she had the longest hair

I wonder what they were thinking :lol

Winter Soldier is the one we all want, I think.

But IM2, I still think, is the "definitive" look.

TWS is my all time fav MCU film - along with CW. Coz of cost - assuming even getting through the gauntlet for purchase - it's a weird place to be for me. I don't sell my figs usually. Even if the sculpt is better, is it so much better I'd drop another 400$. Since I feel this Artisan BW is the "definitive" one, and a version I don't already own. Tough to say since a TWS doesn't exist yet.

I'd shell out for an artisan assassin Bucky from TWS tho.

The other things - assuming these artisans are wool hair - the TWS hair style is silky straight. I don't know if you can get that effect from mohair and have it look and flow the right way. Human hair isn't the right scale. They could use silk, maybe.

I’ve noticed every Avengers film …she had short hair…every Cap related film …she had long hair and IW and EG it was a mix and IM and the BW film she had the longest hair

I wonder what they were thinking :lol
Whedon preferred the short red hair look which is why she has that in A1 & A2. I never heard on the Russo’s decisions for TWS and CW. But, for Infinity War, I heard they told her and Chris Evans they could have whatever look they wanted so ScarJo chose the blonde, short hair style and Evans wanted to keep his beard. Endgame it’s obvious they wanted her “final” appearance to be back in red hair, but you still see the hint of blonde from IW at the ends to show that she’s grown it out to her “natural” color. BW movie it makes sense to be long since it’s supposed to be directly after CW if I remember correctly (only watched it once).

Last edited:
USD452.10
Could she be cheaper on ebay when released??
Doubtful, I think people will try their luck with listing these at stupid high prices. Eventually they will fall a bit then after a while when there are not many in circulation anymore the price will go up again.

Unless of course there are more widow releases then the value will fall.

Just my guess.

I think a big part of this will depend on HT’s future product launches. If HT announces an Artisan A1 Widow within a year, say May 2025, just hypothetical, then quite a number of people will cancel this one to get that. At that point, SSC may open up the waitlist to let people in, and people will get another chance of getting it at retail (sorry for the folks in Aussieland). But the odds of this one going retail at release date is slim due to this being the first Artisan Widow and limited in quantity. The only thing that can potentially hurt it is if the magnetic base is a total bust in hand and people absolutely hated it.

Last edited:
Back