Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about $100 in reward points with Sideshow, I will use twoards a HT figure I don't mind waiting for and after that I don't see ordering from anyone but Toys2 again as far as Hot Toys goes. I got it here in the U.S. 4 days after my order and that was during the christmas rush.

Here's one way to do it for a "virgin" Mk.IV... to "POP" the chest-plate off...PICs below

1. Rotate the arms so it's not in the way.
2. Lift the side a little to insert the provided transparent stick... Do it to both sides, alternately.
3. Try to push "the stick" in towards the "Arc Reactor".
mk4ho.jpg

The aim is to pop the connecting "pins" from the chest holes. The 2 holes are just above and to the L & R side of the "Arc Reactor".
Popping the chest-plate out a few times should get the chest pins loose enough that you can do without the stick.
mk4g.jpg

Bingo!

Why would anyone order HT from anyone else?

sideshow is great if you enjoy receiving your figs half a year after the rest of the world.....:lol

I order all my HT through CSC who gets theirs through Sideshow. Sure I have to wait a while longer, but I save a significant amount on each figure. And I enjoy the fact that those savings add up to more figures :panic:

BBTS shipping later than everyone else is fine by me too - reduces the likelihood of getting a dud 'first batch' figure. This makes it bearable being the last kid on the block to have a bike.

Here's one way to do it for a "virgin" Mk.IV... to "POP" the chest-plate off...PICs below

1. Rotate the arms so it's not in the way.
2. Lift the side a little to insert the provided transparent stick... Do it to both sides, alternately.
3. Try to push "the stick" in towards the "Arc Reactor".

Thanks bandito. I was having some resistance from the chest plate when I attempted to remove it. I gave up then. Thought it was stuck. :lol

BBTS shipping later than everyone else is fine by me too - reduces the likelihood of getting a dud 'first batch' figure. This makes it bearable being the last kid on the block to have a bike.

I must not have been around when peeps were discussing defects. What's wrong with the 'first batch' anyhow? I know some were complaining about the small mark on the back of the neck, but I just assumed that was a mold mark from manufacturing.

Anyway, some pics I took this evening. Splitting time between this figure and kitting up the Art Figures Punisher ate up a lot of time. :D

IMG_5644f.jpg

A lot of people may think the Tony sculpt is the worst part of this package, but I'm digging it. It's great.
IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5647s.jpg

IMG_5656s.jpg

IMG_5712f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. War Machine was supposed to be in a couple of them, but he didn't arrive in time. Finally, the last few (for now)

pics part 3:

these are a bit larger than the previous.
IMG_5692f.jpg

IMG_5680f.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

Very nice shots indeed! You can tell just how much better HT has gotten over the last few years between Iron Man releases.

That Mk. IV sure does look sweet.
Shorter neck, smaller shoulders than compared to the Mk. III and improved articulation all around it seems.

Great pics.
Thanks for sharing.

Back