Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you turning the flares enough after you push them in? I find that after I push in the flares on mine and turn them clockwise to keep them from popping back out, the red rods can be pushed in so that they're flush with the rest of the armor and then the flares can be further turned a few more degrees to keep the red rods from popping out again.

I thought that was the standard procedure. Works for me. :dunno

Yeah quite surprised that this is seemingly an issue... I have not check MIV instructions but it was mentioned in MIII BD instructions as well so might want to take a look at it folks

^^ You and me both. Let me send a big "thank you" out to all you wackjobs who are risking damage to your $180 toys for such a thing.

Trust me, I appreciate this toy as much *or more* than anyone. It's my first Hot Toys piece!!

But I understand the engineering behind it, and therefore understand when to stop bending. Elementary, really.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of that "iconic" pose. But there are so many here that are wowed/perplexed by it, I thought I'd try it out.

The key is pop off both legs and take off the *Iron Speedo*

Leave them off. The legs have just a bit more room to bend, that way.

After removing the shorts, it's actually very easy. Just make the fine adjustments ever so gently. But, at the same time, don't be afraid to put some muscle into it. If you do it slowly, you'll be able to feel when you need to stop.

Thanks Rubio95, :hi5:

Seems like a very Tony Stark thing to do "Drop His Pants"

I'm gonna give this a shot tomorrow, i'm guessing the iron speedos were keeping the legs from clicking into the ball joint when i tried.

Thanks Rubio95, :hi5:

Seems like a very Tony Stark thing to do "Drop His Pants"

I'm gonna give this a shot tomorrow, i'm guessing the iron speedos were keeping the legs from clicking into the ball joint when i tried.

"Let's face it, this isn't the worst thing you've caught me doing..."

Lollers. Just take your time and you'll be fine. I demand pics when you're done!

you guys with these pics are killing me. i said the bd III was all i needed but this guy is very tempting. muuuust stay strong! damn you hot toys why is this figure so sweet.

Mine will be here tomorrow. :yess:

I'll finally have an Iron Man figure in my collection, it felt strange having War Machine and not Iron Man but I think the wait will be well worth it.

Rear Leg Hatches:

Okay, rather than lifting up from the bottom I put the tool into the top of the hatch and worked the hatch up. This gives you enough room to lift the top of the hatch even higher. The hinge that the hatch is attached to then can slide out and this gives you enough room to open the hatch from the bottom. If you don't do it this way it puts too much stress on the outer part of the hatch that attaches to the rod portion of the hinge, which equals breakage.

Hope this makes sense.

just got mine today really awsome figure!

one thing, when i pull on the torso up, to bend the figure foward. the torso is really loose. but after i bend the torse the torso is okay does this happen to anyones mark 4?

:yess: but I dont see this posted anywhere on the site. I havent gotten an email either. Mark IV is the last thing Im waiting for before my pile ships. :monkey1

Log into your account and check your orders. That is where the note is posted on mine.

I got my fig from CSC. Took ages to get to me despite being sent by express. Got stuck at the post office for a couple of days before it arrived in sydney today. I was real worried because of the heat. The box was warm as hell, but there's nothing wrong with the figure.

The figure is beautiful...It should be illegal for collectibles to be this well engineered lol.

Only problem is that one of the air-breaks on his back won't stay flush against his body. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not sure bending the metal bit will do....

I got my fig from CSC. Took ages to get to me despite being sent by express. Got stuck at the post office for a couple of days before it arrived in sydney today. I was real worried because of the heat. The box was warm as hell, but there's nothing wrong with the figure.

The figure is beautiful...It should be illegal for collectibles to be this well engineered lol.

Only problem is that one of the air-breaks on his back won't stay flush against his body. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not sure bending the metal bit will do....

you can fiddle with it and it will work....has more to do with how you put it in if that makes sense...

When they pop out just a bit, from moving him around, just gently push them in while giving the a very soft clockwise turn. That should be just enough to get them to settle.

And on another note.......

022-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

So it's not possible to achieve this pose unless you pop off the rubber crotch?

I think you need to remove the rubber crotch then swap his legs with his arms and feet with his hands and place his head on backwards and you'll be all set.

It's pretty easy actually :lol

Back