Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah your right. If I go to the trouble of repainting this guy, Im definitely going add a little before I do. Problem is I have too many projects going now, I dont need anymore. :)

Yeah if I was ever going to repaint (which I am not going to ever do) I would do that and maybe look into getting the arms a bit closer to the torso.

I was looking at that and I think it can be done. I know it will affect the articulation, but not a big deal there. It really would better if the arms could be closer to the body. Thats one of the strengths of the IV/VI designs.

I was looking too, I think you could maybe even do it without affecting the paint. The arms are connected to the body via a cylinder of plastic and I think simply shortening that by a millimeter or two could be fairly easy and make a big difference. The hard part would get getting the arms off. I don't even know where to start doing that.

a shot with the mark IV legs.

IMG_20110326_162300.jpg

Interesting. People often complain about the too wide shoulders on the Mark III but with the abdomen fixed and thicker legs it looks pretty spot on proportions wise.

On the classic mark 3, does the neck come off?
I know on the BD one it does, as I saw the new mark 4 Tony stark with the flesh neck connected to it.

I tried popping mine off and it wouldn't come off so I had to settle using the old Tony stark sculpt.

I thought about getting the mark IV, but it didn't do anything in the movie. It looks cool, but IMO all it is a mix of both the MIII, and the MVI. I already have the MIII, and am getting the MVI.

@robbie...
Great job. The waist looks much better.
Yeah, if you guys can figure out how to get the arms closer it will improve the appearance of this figure.

I wonder what's taking so long for someone to complain that this discussion is not about the Mk.IV. :lol

At least you brought the Mk.IV's legs into the picture. :rotfl

I thought about getting the mark IV, but it didn't do anything in the movie. It looks cool, but IMO all it is a mix of both the MIII, and the MVI. I already have the MIII, and am getting the MVI.
The movie opened with the Mk.IV jumping out of a jet;
We got to see the Mk.IV being peeled away from Tony;
The Mk.IV fought the War Machine;
We got to see Tony piss in it.

That was plenty of fun for me. :D :peace

The unmodded Mk.III by HT doesn't look convincing enough that there's a guy inside.
That pic you posted dedguy, with the Mk.III next to the Mk.IV, just makes the Mk.III look anorexic. :lol

that picture the waist even thinner as light reflecting of the side of the waist make it look even worse. I dont have this mark so I cant check

It really is that thin, it's not an optical illusion created by the blown out background.

3866028717_c55f805b9b_b.jpg

3453257698_5ae2c30b4f_b.jpg

that picture the waist even thinner as light reflecting of the side of the waist make it look even worse. I dont have this mark so I cant check
It really is that thin.

I've basically resorted to posing the Mk.III BD in a way that doesn't show the narrow waist and shoulder gaps:

5376773407_6936ea8bbb_b.jpg

Oh I totally thought I did. I must have done that on another forum.

Basically what I did was cut and shape a variety of pieces of polystyrene and push them up under the piece of rubber that covers the abdomen essentially making it wider. I put some pieces on either side and a sanded and shaped piece in the front that's the same shape as that center abdomen panel. You can get to underneath the abdomen without any disassembly by just turning the torso or pushing the body backwards and pulling down the trunks part. The trunks are surprisingly flexible.

It's actually really easy.

where do you buy polystyrene ?

I bought it at Pearl. Most hobby shops and a lot of art stores carry it in a variety of pre-cut sizes and shapes as well as thicknesses. You can also buy those polystyrene signs from like Wal-Mart I think.

Centurion: Yeah I had trouble finding pics I have taken where you can really tell how thin the waist is. Most of my pics are in 3/4 or side view.

Ok Dedguy I couldnt help and I had to try the mod. So I took about 1/8" out of each shoulder joint. Wasn't too bad but definitely not for the weak of heart. :)

What do you think?

The funny thing is, now that I look at it with the arms a little more tucked in, the waist isnt as thin looking. All the stuffing came out while I did the mod so this picture is without anything but the shoulder mod.

IMG_20110326_190513.jpg

Back