Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I mean is they are not being painted by their head painters who are ace craftsmen/women. Im sure this was a large run and so they had to find other painters who aren't nearly the level of their normals.

I finally have mine and it seemes to be there a bit too, but only on a few gold parts and a few black lines, nothing really worse and that I couldn´t finish.
Other then that, the 3 months waiting was totally worth it, I´m really stunned by the piece.
:)

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that most of Hot Toys paint work on heads is machine.

I would actually guess that most ALL of their work is done by machine not man. Sans prototypes of course.

The Battle Damaged MK III confirmed this to me personally.

The super fine detail of the paint wear (silver showing through) is identical on the left and right legs. Too exact to be done by hand.

Washes and weathering (drybrush type) are the only thing I would expect to be done by hand still.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that most of Hot Toys paint work on heads is machine.

I would actually guess that most ALL of their work is done by machine not man. Sans prototypes of course.

The super fine detail of the paint wear (silver showing through) is identical on the left and right legs. Too exact to be done by hand.

Washes and weathering (drybrush type) are the only thing I would expect to be done by hand still.

Well they did post that picture of all the Godfather heads being painted. I know they are using decals on a lot of stuff including the eyes.

I finally have mine and it seemes to be there a bit too, but only on a few gold parts and a few black lines, nothing really worse and that I couldn´t finish.
Other then that, the 3 months waiting was totally worth it, I´m really stunned by the piece.
:)

Glad you finally received it Timo!!! :clap :clap :clap

20090509_f2455a21caeb9ade840eIwrXH4rOjbS1.jpg

20090509_57a61364c762b6385acdjsQqhRda6VOS.jpg

20090509_e61de40efe5f513907ceawVG3Ee2gmFJ.jpg

20090509_a198343070c911d25cc4JawVSsrCAnsO.jpg

It was mentioned in one of the Predators threads that the heads are painted by hand but a stencil is used to expose only the area that needs the paint. I dunno.

Well... Hot Toys is already in China, so maybe when you say outsourcing, you mean they are sending it to an even cheaper part of China?

Hot Toys in in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has it's own government/currency/etc and is in many ways almost a different country. I do believe labor is much more expensive in Hong Kong so they outsource to China proper.

Stencil/decal like... for scratch marks... it was advertised as a new application technology ... for BD mk.3. Too uniform/no variety for BD Mk. 3.... Randomised/specifed for Mk. 4, 6 & WM.

Head (other than eyes/lashes/brows) might be still hand painted/airbrushed.

Back