Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hand painted?

God I hope that isn't an ecscuse to charge a fortune for it.

I have to say I'm really getting sick of HT's rereleases. These are collectibles. Once you've made something, move on. Don't keep remaking it. If people miss out, they miss out and can pay the current going rate. How are we ever supposed to get new figures from the new liceneses you have if you keep working on 5 year old licenses? The Mark I was amazing and other than the sub-par Stark sculpt (which is covered up anyway) I don't really see much more they could improve on unless this thing can actually shoot real fire. :dunno

BTW, all of HT's figures are "hand painted" so that shouldn't raise the price any, but HT will jack up the price anyway just like any other glorified repaints (ie Gunmetal and silly things). And speaking of repaints, is that Stealth suit ever happening? :lol

I have the original Mark I, original Wolverine, etc. I've come to accept the fact that if I have a figure that a lot of people missed out on and has become significantly popular on the aftermarket, that it'll most likely be re-released in some fashion.

If any figure does need a rerelease, it is Wolverine :lol But even then they add a denim jacket and a new headsculpt he'd then be X1, 2 or 3 and be a legit variant. HT is just milking the Iron Man fans without a real legit reason other than seeing money they could have go to ebay. The only way this could be legit variant would be to have the suit be empty and be a Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor display version, which we know isn't happening. An extra empty helmet perhaps, but Tony is certainly coming with this.

Their just looking for the easy $$ instead of pushing the envelope like they did previously....:lecture

Short term gain............Long term losses......:dunno

If any figure does need a rerelease, it is Wolverine :lol But even then they add a denim jacket and a new headsculpt he'd then be X1, 2 or 3 and be a legit variant. HT is just milking the Iron Man fans without a real legit reason other than seeing money they could have go to ebay. The only way this could be legit variant would be to have the suit be empty and be a Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor display version, which we know isn't happening. An extra empty helmet perhaps, but Tony is certainly coming with this.

I think the old Wolverine is pretty good other than the head sculpt. Someone had mentioned in the other thread that it would be cool if they included two heads with the new release so you could upgrade the original while having a new figure with a second outfit. If that happened, I'd be pretty happy.

I have to say I'm really getting sick of HT's rereleases. These are collectibles. Once you've made something, move on. Don't keep remaking it. If people miss out, they miss out and can pay the current going rate. How are we ever supposed to get new figures from the new liceneses you have if you keep working on 5 year old licenses? The Mark I was amazing and other than the sub-par Stark sculpt (which is covered up anyway) I don't really see much more they could improve on unless this thing can actually shoot real fire. :dunno

BTW, all of HT's figures are "hand painted" so that shouldn't raise the price any, but HT will jack up the price anyway just like any other glorified repaints (ie Gunmetal and silly things). And speaking of repaints, is that Stealth suit ever happening? :lol

Have to agree, I love Iron Man but rereleasing and making things like the gantry system is just milking the line. I'd love to see new products and licenses being produced and used.

I hope we will see a 3.0 version soon. Leg painted by someone.
1/6 scale unlimited edition collectibles from HT are awesome.

Having never seem the original mark I in hand I don't know what the quality is like but I would imagine the 2.0 release will be a much better figure so even those that own the original I can't see this being a bad thing.

Only people that won't be happy are those that paid eBay money for him fairly recently

Want it. I need to replace the one I sold. Two improvements I'd like to see are 1) new sculpt and 2) bigger, because I thought the original was a bit undersized.

I expect it'll simply be a repainted version, with very minor mods if any (BB Batman a case in point)

Hand painted?

God I hope that isn't an excuse to charge a fortune for it.

Since it's apparently hand painted by Lalla... i'm thinking close to $300 for this

Awesome news for me, I do feel bad for those who paid a shed load on eBay, but I've expressed my thoughts on that already in this thread so I won't go over it again

I thinks fair to say that this as much an ongoing debate now as much as superman sculpt apparently looked like Tom Cruise (?)

If I already owned the mark 1, I wouldn't buy it, the same way that if the released a mark 3 again I wouldn't buy it as I have one, Hot Toys really are benefiting there.

This has also encouraged me to perhaps get the mark 2 AU as I never got the original version, plus I didn't really like it

Now I can start a hall of armours!!!

This is a must-buy for me as I missed out on the original Mk I and am not willing to pay secondary market price for it on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back