Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will fit in a detolf...and to save room...we put the Mark 42 on there beside him....still leaving just enough room for Dummy in the background...

I think the only thing I'm going to buy from this is the Dum-E robot when it is parted out on Ebay. :lol

I got the 'different' one of Ebay 2 weeks ago...somebody parted out the mech test tony...it looks the same as the IM3 Tony...except it does not have wheels...but it does have the fire extinguisher! Dummy kept blasting him with the fire extinguisher in Iron Man...so i named that one Dummy...making a dunce cap for him now as I type...and when IM3 Tony gets here...he has the other version...with wheels...I don't know if the second one has a name...

BTW: anyone know what font Hot Toys used for the name on the figure stands? I am also making a few custom stands for Avengers and I need to print some sticker names.

All signs would point to about the same or a little less than any current parted out iron man figure. The armor parts could go either way, generally in the past the parted out pieces would go to fixing broken armors, these new parts would be for custom Tony kitbashes. One can only speculate what the demand would look like for that.

The dummy has been released 2x's now so it would fall in line with the going ebay sales.

The base is by far the biggest grab from the set. I would guess it would go for greater than $50 on the bay.

As a rule of thumb, check ebay ended listings for arms and legs and thats probably a safe gauge to what the set would get. +/- 10%

Last edited:
i can't stop looking at the pics of the IM3 mech test RDJ head sculpt. it really makes me sad that the same type of effort wasn't put in to MKVII RDJ HS.

I was checking out some early pictures of the HT booth display at the 2013 Tokyo Toy Show, and it seems to me that HT made some sculpt changes to the eyes on this figure. At least in this proto booth display figure.

Tell me what you all think.

https://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=1385...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+GunjapNet+(gunjap.net)

Could be harsh light but the wrinkles under the eyes and forehead are not prominent due to the trade show lights.

Coulson washed out from harsh light trade pics like this as well, but looks great in hand.

I agree that the lighting plays a big part in perception. It just looks like they may have made slight tweaks to the eyes since the original.
Hopefully there will be more pics soon from the show to get a better idea.

970875_511219068951081_942536751_n.jpg

946420_511219065617748_394586831_n.jpg

Back