1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like what modern Sideshow is capable of achieving in 1/6 prototype form.
I'd only partly agree with that. Yes, the Hoth Luke & Han are impressive SO FAR - but even with that said, the execution on the heads isn't as realistic as a HT head. You don't have to agree, but match up the heads - there's still that remnant of caked on-ness to the paint work on the SSC heads, sorry. :huh

There's nothing about this Han that's jumping out at me telling me it's Hot Toys. Not the likeness, not the body proportions. I don't think it's any better than Hoth Solo, which also looks jacked up.

Their upcoming Pilot Luke looks just as good, if not better. Other than the trademark scar and maybe the nose, I don't see Ford here. The eyes, lips and hair are weird. Ben Stiller or John Travolta? Nah. But that sort of "looks like this person" hyperbole is common place for portraits that are off. You've done it and I've done it too!
Man - come on, you're talking nonsense now. A HT TT will always look better than a SSC body, till they improve them. As far as the clothes etc, their latest humans are really nicely decked out.. but yeah. I don't bag them out entirely for kicks, because where credit's due, I'll of course give it.

Chewbacca looks outstanding though. I'm just sitting here dumbstruck thinking "how the **** did they do that". Chewie is an achievement in 1/6 scale.
Yeah, it's an outstanding achievement, but the face ain't right yet. There's a lot of tweaking to do with Chewie.

I know the hair is too dark and face is slightly off but are you kidding me? This is really happening? THESE two guys!? :panic:

EtSyuI2h.jpg

:thud:

I think HT did a great job overall with this one. But I definitely see some improvement can be made to the headsculpt. I see Ford in there, but with some tweaks it can be perfect. Did a very slight photoshop job, mainly on the brow ridge and mouth area. Gives it a more serious expression, but I think it looks much better like this.

Before:

After:

I think HT did a great job overall with this one. But I definitely see some improvement can be made to the headsculpt. I see Ford in there, but with some tweaks it can be perfect. Did a very slight photoshop job, mainly on the brow ridge and mouth area. Gives it a more serious expression, but I think it looks much better like this.

Before:

After:

Well since the photoshopping has begun can you make his hair lighter and skin a tad darker? Just curious.

I am kind of hoping they will offer them as a boxset. A Han and Chewie set could really look beautiful.

He's kidding (must be.)

Interesting that neither Michael Crawford or silentsurfer seem to be fans of this new Han sculpt. Pretty significant opinions...

Why? I'm aware they do reviews and such but why should their opinions be held in higher regard than ours? We're all fans, we're all customers.

I'm really surprised to see Hot Toys paying homage to Han Solo cosplayers instead of going with their traditional "sculpt of the actor" route. Kudos for exploring new territory HT!

:slap

Stepping back and looking at Hot Toys' figure in general, they are certainly moving in a positive direction from where they used to be in my mind. '66 Batman, Robocop just released, and we've seen announcements for police shootout T-800, Marty McFly, Han Solo, and Chewbacca this year. Even though I'm not buying it, classic Optimus Prime as well. Good job, Hot Toys.

Back