1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deckard , Han Solo and Indiana Jones walk into a bar.......let's have a little fun in this thread, why not?

10904408_717212358392096_8229448551741126456_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm guessing Han's the only one who would apologize for any messes left. :lol

I am very grateful to all those that look at this and see Harrison Ford. Sadly I'm not one of you but I appreciate that you are buying this. With any luck your support may encourage Hot Toys to move forward with a v2.0.

Gorgeous sculpt, incredibly life-like, awesome paint, but it just isn't immediately recognizable as Han Solo if you take that head and put it on a generic suit/tie body.

See. THAT'S the key.

Put this sculpt on another body and I dare say most people would not know who it is. Simple as that.

Of course not... No one would. I am just saying they have similar features around their mouth areas. In a non living 1/6 scale sculpt those thing don't always translate as well as they should, so people see different things. could it be better... Yes, but it's Han Solo and even if it was spot on it wouldn't be good enough and we'd all still be complaining. In the end it doesn't matter to me, I don't collect 1/6 dolls... ;). I actually think the SS Hoth Han is a better sculpt. But this one is still good.

Don't agree on SS hoth han being the better sculpt,way too cartoony looking imo

I updated the photo with a better picture of the Han head and threw Luke in there as well. I actually see Mark Hamill in this one.

combo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like someone in a caricature Luke Skywalker mask Halloween mask standing next to someone who looks a lot like Harrison Ford.

I updated the photo with a better picture of the Han head and threw Luke in there as well. I actually see Mark Hamill in this one.

combo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know why but this is striking me as slightly surreal. Is head-photoshopped-onto-fatigues the new test of whether a sculpt is any good? Could someone do the same for Obi-Wan?

I don't know why but this is striking me as slightly surreal. Is head-photoshopped-onto-fatigues the new test of whether a sculpt is any good? Could someone do the same for Obi-Wan?

It was basically something that was brought up a while back. Pretty much seeing if you put the head on a neutral body would you still recognize who it was supposed to be. Basically eliminating any of the clothing contributing to the identity of the sculpt. Like Han's vest and white shirt etc.

Last edited:
Back