1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you wish......

comboford2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just looks like some random soldier on the left. And the oldest soldier I've ever seen on the right.

It was basically something that was brought up a while back. Pretty much seeing if you put the head on a neutral body would you still recognize who it was supposed to be. Basically eliminating any of the clothing contributing to the identity of the sculpt. Like Han's vest and white shirt etc.

I direct you all to the result of the quick poll I did for the "The Hot Toys Han Solo looks more like ( ) than Harrison Ford Thread":

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/the-sandbox/150075-hot-toys-han-solo-looks-harrison-ford-thread-post7183956.html#post7183956

Even though the sample rate was small, the results were conclusive. :lol

I showed 12 people (casual fans to non-SW fans) the Han Solo photoshop. Every single one of them said it was Han Solo.

Every. Single. One.

:wave

I updated the photo with a better picture of the Han head and threw Luke in there as well. I actually see Mark Hamill in this one.

combo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I showed 12 people (casual fans to non-SW fans) the Han Solo photoshop. Every single one of them said it was Han Solo.

Every. Single. One.

All kidding aside, it does to my eyes, look like Solo. It's like the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, it looks so much more like Luke in hand than it ever did in pictures.

All kidding aside, it does to my eyes, look like Solo. It's like the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, it looks so much more like Luke in hand than it ever did in pictures.

I should state that not one of them said "Harrison Ford" though. :lol

But I agree. Sometimes the likenesses are better seen with the naked eye.

Every. Single. One.

I just showed my girlfriend. The ONLY reason she guessed right is because of Hamill next to him. She said besides that she saw no Ford in it. Neither can I see Ford. I just. Can't. Even with Medi/Enterbay I can SEE Ford, a weird expression perhaps, but definatly Ford.

This guy? Dunno, a cosplayer at best.

To me this comes down to the expression that Hot Toys chose for this figure--he looks angry!! Solo never looked angry; surprised yes, coy yes, smirking/sarcastic yes, NEVER psycho crazy. Change the expression and the likeness/character will shine through.

I agree with ebor, it's more the expression than anything else. Han Solo never seemed to get the cold fury that this sculpt suggests. It would be much better with a wry smile. Still, I like the figure and will be getting one.

I just showed my girlfriend. The ONLY reason she guessed right is because of Hamill next to him. She said besides that she saw no Ford in it. Neither can I see Ford. I just. Can't. Even with Medi/Enterbay I can SEE Ford, a weird expression perhaps, but definatly Ford.

This guy? Dunno, a cosplayer at best.

My experiment was 12 times more scientific than yours. :mad:

Back