1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... this han solo headsculpt still looks horrible, if not worse. From these recent pics, not only does it still not look like Harrison at all, but he also looks evil. Pretty much no redeeming factor here outside of the outfit. I definitely won't get this figure or chewie if they don't improve the headsculpts.

Sometimes Hot Toys likes to stylize their sculpts a lot. The eyebrows for this Han figure's too thin and they're slanted up. The eyes are off. Eye bags too big. Nose isn't big enough. And face should be a bit wider on the cheeks too. Hair is off too. Hopefully they improve the sculpts big time like they did the Reeve Superman figure.

This looks longer to me...
han-and-chewie.jpg

Did you look for the one pic where they look normal length? :lol
Google image search "han solo costume new hope" and you will see hundreds of pics with short sleeves. It has short sleeves like old vest/long johns. Looks like it shrunk in a hot wash. :lol

Did you look for the one pic where they look normal length? :lol
Google image search "han solo costume new hope" and you will see hundreds of pics with short sleeves. It has short sleeves like old vest/long johns. Looks like it shrunk in a hot wash. :lol

Haha yeah man.. but to be honest. right now with this horrible Han headsculpt, the outfit is the last of my concerns. haha... I mean.. if I"m gonna pay $230 for a figure... i would expect some level of standards... like the face at least has to "remotely resemble" the actor, which this HT sculpt doesn't do at all. lol... And I still don't understand how they can mess up chewie's eyes so bad. I've seen $17 Neca figures that have more accurate sculpts. So no excuse to for a $230 figure to look so off. I'm really hoping HT will pull a Christopher Reeve Superman here.. maybe if we all voice the issue enough on their facebook page they will...

They're not that short but there are far worse issues than the sleeves.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415842891.674442.jpg

Usually any action scene where his arms are stretched they look short. When relaxed they look normal.

It would be nice if the hands and forearms were one piece to eliminate that really ugly joint at the wrist. Just do multiple forearms with different hand positions you can swap out underneath the sleeves. Problem solved.

In later pics, that sculpt looks like they just added sideburns to the Medicom sculpt. If HT think we're (as in the folks in this thread) going to buy this figure just on the strength that it's Star Wars and made by them then they have another thing coming. However, I suspect it's too late now was the pre-orders are already rolling on in. Once that happens HT assume that the figure is ok. I know they changed Supes, but, we don't know at whose behest those changes were made. Don't forget that they didn't do a thing to Indy, and he was a DX.

Yup, too late now, if it ever might've mattered. I'm happy enough with the sculpt when I look at it in the video posted a short while back. Maybe the sculpt will look as poor as shown in a lot of pics, but not poor enough that I'd pass on it. It's nowhere near as good as CR Supes but nowhere near as bad as DX Indy.

For the price it should matter though. Are Harrison's eyes that bad that he would approve this, or does one of his 'people' handle that sort of thing!? Whoever sculpts Johnny Depp for them should have a go at this as they seem to have an eye for a likeness. It's so frustrating that the iconic subjects are always the ones that get fudged and the more commercial ones get star treatment.

I'd love for this to be better, but it is what it is. Despite what influence some members seem to think they wield over Hot Toys' creative decisions, nobody here knows exactly why CR Supes got a make over and DX Indy didn't. Am I prepared to pass on this release because I'm not absolutely happy with the sculpt? No. So I'm gonna buy it. I'm guessing that's the typical attitude of those POing.

I'd love for this to be better, but it is what it is. Despite what influence some members seem to think they wield over Hot Toys' creative decisions, nobody here knows exactly why CR Supes got a make over and DX Indy didn't. Am I prepared to pass on this release because I'm not absolutely happy with the sculpt? No. So I'm gonna buy it. I'm guessing that's the typical attitude of those POing.

I thought you objected to buying polished turds?

I can't believe this is going to go out looking the way it does in the preview photos. No matter that it's Star Wars and people will always buy Star Wars no matter what - blah, blah - this is such a huge ongoing deal for HT that I can't see how they can let such a poor likeness through in case someone with influence in the vast corporate structure that owns Star Wars decides this is unacceptable. Indy was basically a dead license after Crystal Skull, but Star Wars has the potential to blow away anything else HT is doing over the next five to ten years. They have to get it right, yet this is the worst likeness they've offered in several years, by a long way. I just can't believe they're going to let it go out of the door like that. What if Harrison Ford looks at it and says 'who the **** is that meant to be?' to a bunch of executives? Hot Toys would instantly feel the chill. it's just not worth their while not to redo it.

Ultimately their may be internal politics and egos at HT, as there is anywhere, which allows stuff like the Indy DX to get through, but this is too important.

I think this looks plenty like Ford. It's just the lack of expression... a Stoic look that doesn't work in the figure's favor. It lacks the attitude that made the character what he really was.
Also, if it sat better on a different neck...it would make a world of difference.

I think this looks plenty like Ford. It's just the lack of expression... a Stoic look that doesn't work in the figure's favor. It lacks the attitude that made the character what he really was.
Also, if it sat better on a different neck...it would make a world of difference.

Oh, this was sculpted with an expression; its just that Ford never did that particular one

Back