1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no real complaints on either figure. Tweaks are great, but to expect any better for one than was given to the other strikes me as grotesquely arbitrary ($100 price difference notwithstanding).

Yep, not sure why, but I am OK with HT's idealization of Hamill and if they don't nail Ford 100%, so be it. Han and Chewie (I'm actually more concerned about Chewie's likeness, in this regard... really hoping they tweak him to bring out more of Chewie's personality) on the shelf is going to be amazing. Really can't wait to see these in-hand.

If I'm being charitable I'll say that in the past HT have taken a few goes to get a character perfect (Joker, Sparrow, TDK Batman) and this is just the latest example of the disposable first figure.

But then, there's been plenty of times when they've knocked it out of the park first time round, why can't this be one of those times? It's HAN SOLO for Chrissake, only the most important character in pop culture outside of Marvel and DC. Could they not have tried a little harder?

If I'm being charitable I'll say that in the past HT have taken a few goes to get a character perfect (Joker, Sparrow, TDK Batman) and this is just the latest example of the disposable first figure.

But then, there's been plenty of times when they've knocked it out of the park first time round, why can't this be one of those times? It's HAN SOLO for Chrissake, only the most important character in pop culture outside of Marvel and DC. Could they not have tried a little harder?

You're right HF is the selling point of any han solo figure, if its not going to look like him then there is no point in buying.

I saw someone say that the clothes sell Han Solo more than the head sculpt.

My response... DUH.

That's when you see some yo-yo who looks nothing like Ford in a Solo costume on Halloween you don't wonder for a second who he is. The clothes are as much, if not more, part of the character, visually speaking, then Harrison Ford.

Now that is not to say head sculpt isn't important. It is. This could be better, though I do think it still qualifies as good. But when I see this figure I absolutely see a good looking Han Solo, even if I don't see a perfect looking Harrison Ford.

Yeah, it is a HUGE pity they didn't nail HF with this one, though I definitely see HF under certain lighting conditions. That idea that they'll revisit Han again - and probably sooner rather than later (it's Han Solo and the license is new) - does make me mull this one more than I normally would.

I have a Han/Chewy on PO with BBTS, as well as a second Chewy with Sideshow, but I really will be pretty tense when release date approaches. Always the question as you wait for those first pics... did they revise it, will it look better in-hand than the early pics?

If this was a $165 figure you could sort of go "I'll get this AND the V2.." but when it's $230 and up, that moment when you see V2 and V1 just looks like an old SSC figure in comparison is the moment where you think back and say "it didn't look great so I shoulda waited..."

What surprised me when I first saw this is that obviously I thought they would have one of those creepy-good sculpts that looked like a living HF, but also I expected it to have another "yelling" or something sculpt (really expressive) because it's so Han Solo. So it was a let down in both departments - not so great HF likeness, and no expressive second sculpt.

This is a release I'm learning to love, but I'm sure I'll look back and say it wasn't actual love.:lol

A lot of people keep saying they will do V2s. I really find it less likely when there are so many outfit variants that can be done for each character.

Plus there are so many essential SW characters yet to be done, and new ones around the corner with the ST.

Sculpt might not be perfect but I for one think it's acceptable.

A lot of people keep saying they will do V2s. I really find it less likely when there are so many outfit variants that can be done for each character.
I think we'll at least get the three main looks for Luke. Not sure about Han but I could see the Bespin outfit being done, it'd be cool if that was done and included a Han frozen in carbonite piece. Leia I can see being a one and done as far as Hot Toys goes to be honest though. It seems like female figures from them are few and far between. Maybe Sideshow will do a Leia in Hoth gear though to go with their Luke and Han. That would cover her main look from The Empire Strikes Back.

Really, there's only one version of Vader that matters:

giphy.gif

MY EYES! :lol

Back