1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, don't worry, I'm sure there will be HT fans squeeing and saying it's "AWSOOOMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!", but, I don't know how many you'll find in this thread.

I am not impressed by the sculpt since the first images, but I don't find it so catastrophic. With none of them in hand I surely like it more than DX Jones, UU evil Han and probably every Han produced by SSC since now, the only real competitor being Stormie Han, killed by paint apps. Hoth Han (proto), on the other hand, looks way more Fordy than this.

I don't know what it is about HF's face that HT doesn't seem to understand. Indy was terrible, and this is better but still not even close to how good Trevor's sculpts have been. Even the Arnie Kim(?--I think it was him) sculpt of Indy that he did on his own was not correct either.

Unfortunately I really don't think there's any chance HT will change/fix the sculpt. The announcement to release window is unusually tight, which tells me production was were well underway when the announcement was made.

And yes, I will be buying regardless. I eventually gave in with Indy (even though I think the sculpt is terrible), so I'm resigned to think HT will never get HF right. But I know the rest of the figure (clothes and accessories) will be of good quality.

They will not fix this head sculpt because they will save any better sculpt for a 2nd head as incentive to buy the Bespin Han Solo a year or so from now (the Bank Robber Joker of Star Wars).

They will not fix this head sculpt because they will save any better sculpt for a 2nd head as incentive to buy the Bespin Han Solo a year or so from now (the Bank Robber Joker of Star Wars).

Although I agree, the bank robber sculpt wasn't any different from the first, minus the hairline thing.

Although I agree, the bank robber sculpt wasn't any different from the first, minus the hairline thing.

No, no... my point was this Han = V1 Joker, and the next Han will be like BR Joker. Meaning they gave us a useable head in that pack to replace the head on the v1. Similar situation here I could see happening where people who may not have gotten Bespin Han suddenly find themselves ordering mainly to get the new great headsculpt.

Sure seems an elusive likeness to capture. I've yet to see a painted Ford headsculpt that's nailed it (best unpainted I would say is Trevor's).

Temple of Doom PF is spot on.
Haven't seen it, but I guess I should've clarified that I meant in 1:6 (even though this is a 1:6 sub-forum...). Anyway, from what I've seen from HT or any of the customizers (Velvet Morning, IMINIME), they're all off to some degree.

901399-product-feature-740x448.jpg

empire-contre-attaque-80-27-g.jpg

tumblr_ncf3wmfFHV1qfec9go2_500.jpg

han-solo-cool-610x236.jpg

:dunno

Back