1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shockingly I couldn't find a mouse droid with ears!

Goofy...

Jar_Jar_Goofy_by_fuzzyslipperlogic.jpg

So the EX for Han is already included in the bundle set (which isn't an EX and available everywhere else)?

And also completely redundant now that Disney have thrown out the Expanded Universe as canon. Makes me sad. :gah: :slap

Meh. Disney can declare whatever they want as "canon." That doesn't force me to keep the prequels on my shelf or prevent me from watching the Holiday Special cartoon anytime I want.

Meh. Disney can declare whatever they want as "canon." That doesn't force me to keep the prequels on my shelf or prevent me from watching the Holiday Special cartoon anytime I want.

I have a feeling Fett from the Holiday Special will remain canon for merchandising purposes.

If they don't improve the likeness even $20 off isn't going to make this a good deal.

I just don't why anyone is bothering to buy this if they keep the current likeness. Hot Toys will double and triple dip Star Wars characters until the end of time. After this we'll get the Luke and Han Stormtroopers (both with improved sculpts) which will briefly make this desirable as everyone will want this outfit to put with that Han head; but both will be made redundant by the eventual DX, which will itself be improved upon by the Han that comes with the Falcon Cockpit environment they'll release in 2017 to tie in with the 40th (40th!) anniversary of Star Wars. Only in 2022 when Disney rests Star Wars for a few years will anyone have to worry about a new ANH Han not being at retail for a few years.

I just don't why anyone is bothering to buy this if they keep the current likeness. Hot Toys will double and triple dip Star Wars characters until the end of time. After this we'll get the Luke and Han Stormtroopers (both with improved sculpts) which will briefly make this desirable as everyone will want this outfit to put with that Han head; but both will be made redundant by the eventual DX, which will itself be improved upon by the Han that comes with the Falcon Cockpit environment they'll release in 2017 to tie in with the 40th (40th!) anniversary of Star Wars. Only in 2022 when Disney rests Star Wars for a few years will anyone have to worry about a new ANH Han not being at retail for a few years.

I have to disagree only because there are so many Han and Luke costumes out there. I imagine it will be a longer span before we get into 2.0 territory.

and with all the the other big multi character films coming out over the next few years, HT will have their hands full trying keep up with 1st runs

yes. i dont know why they do not have it marked as an EX. and the storm trooper one is......:slap

For the Stormtrooper set Sideshow has an exclusive rifle rack to go along with the other extras that come with the two-pack--they have the nonexclusive two-pack for sale as well. The han/chewy two-pack is the same as what other sellers have, so it's not really exclusive to them.
Not sure how many people are not ordering Chewbacca and only getting Han, so I think most will be able to get his Stormtrooper belt if they want it.

I took these pics in Hong Kong.

Han looks just like he does in all the pics we have seen so far. I didn't get an "in hand" looks and feels better than pics vibe from him at all. Fingers crossed for some tweaks.

PC051471_zps72cf9f11.jpg

PC051470_zps9c5f52f2.jpg

PB280045_zps7e879dc3.jpg

PB280046_zpsd5a9fdc3.jpg

Seriously wish they would do something about the hair too, not just the style but the color, HF had light brown hair
films. They have it way too black looking.

Han and Chewie still need tweaking. Kinda wish I had not ordered via SSC with their NRD; if these two release like this I'd want to pass...just not good enough

I took these pics in Hong Kong.

Han looks just like he does in all the pics we have seen so far. I didn't get an "in hand" looks and feels better than pics vibe from him at all. Fingers crossed for some tweaks.

PB280045_zps7e879dc3.jpg

I think right there, those two pics demonstrate just how difficult it is to capture Harrison Ford's likeness (ignore the different expression).. tbh, there should not be a problem.. the HT sculpt is technically right.. but something.. some indefinable something, is missing.. and it must drive sculptors/painters crazy.

Thanks for the pics, Momaw! :rock

Back