1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect this figure will see a rerelease, as he played a much bigger role this time around. I think there will be a lot of Chewie converts because of it.

Great pics Fiend.

I got Chewie up at the crack of Dawn, he's got gifts to wrap.
Stickman%20Chewbacca%20Christmas.jpg

he did not try to strangle you because you got him up so early :gah:

he did not try to strangle you because you got him up so early :gah:

I guess I should have known it was a bad idea. Sadly, Chewbacca had a major accident at the Cantina this morning! It appears that too much holiday cheer and lack of sleep can cause severe injury as Chewbacca was rushed to ER this morning after severing his hand. This horrible accident should have been avoided by management and a heavy Lawsuit is pending but there is also some concern on the integrity of the wrist peg. Beware of turning Chewies hands too fast. I have included a picture and am hoping a good Samaritan will help with sharing some suggestions on extracting this damaged peg from his hand. It is a clean break! Is drilling the only solution? Has any other collector experienced a broken peg like this? ~ Thanks!

Chewie%20Hand.jpg

Last edited:
This happened on my Han figure right out of the box. I used a small pocket knife to dig it out. Maybe something less sharp would be better but that was the only thing I had. Just don't slice through the hand.

Thanks guys for the quick reply! Hopefully I can rebuild him, better, faster, stronger....

Same exact problem with my Stormy Luke out of the box. Had to contact Sideshow for a replacement. Tried to pull out the broken peg from the hand with no luck. Didn't want to damage the hand as it's made of a much softer material than the peg itself.

The wrist peg broke and part of it is stuck in the hand. Does anyone have any tips to remove it? Tried prying it with a thin object but it's well stuck and I don't want to damage the peg hole on the hand too much. Thanks in advance!

The wrist peg broke and part of it is stuck in the hand. Does anyone have any tips to remove it? Tried prying it with a thin object but it's well stuck and I don't want to damage the peg hole on the hand too much. Thanks in advance!

Try heating a stick pin and sticking it into the peg. Get it deep in there so it sticks. Could even glue it after you have the hole burned into the center. Let it dry, then pull the pin/peg out. Heating the arm part could help as well when you pull it out.

Kinda late to the party, but I finally got my Han & Chewie set, and god, does Chewie look awful right out of the box...
I've already done two futzing sessions on him and I'm still not satisfied.
Yours looks amazing TF, I especially like how you've managed to comb the hair around the face, very nice!
Will keep working on mine.

Try heating a stick pin and sticking it into the peg. Get it deep in there so it sticks. Could even glue it after you have the hole burned into the center. Let it dry, then pull the pin/peg out. Heating the arm part could help as well when you pull it out.

Hmmm, it keeps bending my pin... it's really jammed in there.

Are you heating the pin, like with fire? You need to burn it into the peg. Gonna need some needle nose pliers too.

A few pages back someone mentioned using a small screw as well. That would definitely work, but you gotta get a screw. Do you have access to a hobby shop that sells micro drill bits? Could drill it and use replacement screws for eyeglasses. Drill, set the screw, pull with needle nose pliers. Done.

TowerHobbies.com | Davis Model Products Pocket Drill w/12 Bits

Last edited:
Take a Dremel and drill a small pilot hole. Then take a small screw and screw it into the pilot hole. Pull the screw and the the broken peg will come out. Works every time.

Back