1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a better look at the difference when you raise the belt...

WG before-after belt fix 11-8-15.jpg

Anyone whos gonna get him and has the ssc vader post some side by side pics asap. Need to see scale difference before i make final decisions.

I have him on the way, but I'm in US until weekend, so won't get to opening him until i get back home.
:(

It's ammmirable how all you guys are in every way trying to save who cannot be saved. His body is not prowse accurate! I think that the only not screen accurate parts of the armour is the chest armour (too short). All the other parts in a better proportioned body could be perfect! :peace:peace

Looks like my Sideshow ANH chestbox is coming out of the box....

I echo matt s, am glad I still have my ss anh Vader for the chest box, maybe the cod piece port over might be in order.

Not sure what to do about the girly fingers tho'

Yeah but I always thought the SSC ANH chestbox was one of the weakest parts of that figure. It so lacking in sharp detail - especially those three thin silver rectangles on the upper left. It really looks quite Hasbro/toylike. Maybe it can be retouched?

47.JPG

Compared to this...

anh_box_and_belt.jpg

Here's a better look at the difference when you raise the belt...

View attachment 222169

I really can't wait to see people here get a hold of this thing and futz the hell out of it. It seems all the pieces are there to make the best Vader. Hopefully you can hike that belt and codpiece up and give him the granny-panties look ANH Vader should have.

Does anyone think they'll be able to dull the chestplate down to make it look like ANH and not like the ESB/Jedi version?

I don't think this guy has ever seen Star Wars... :lol

12190129_10208070233137398_4475904900903454117_n.jpg

11062056_10208070232857391_2988726672899083641_n.jpg

These pics may be horrible, but they answer some questions I've seen asked in this thread. Yes, the chest armor appears to be slightly movable (maybe we can bring it down to cover his pecs). Yes, the chest box comes off (we can adjust it accordingly). Yes, the belt and cod piece appears to be movable as well (we can raise those to minimize space between armor, box, and belt). No, the glove gauntlets are not sown on, they appear to be removable (those who want new gloves shouldn't have a problem replacing them). Finally: No, this guy clearly has no idea how to futz a figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder will the SSC Vader gloves fit on the HT arms if people have a problem with the HT gloves

I really want to see them side by side so I can tell if there is any size differences

The SSC gloves from the deluxe release are really big (specifically how the cuffs flare), so I don't think they'd be an improvement. I'll bet these can be futzed to look good or at least be less noticeable.

The silver on his chest plate isn't that "bright" in ANH.

Just saying...

The HT one has the same issue though.:dunno

It's really supposed to be almost matte and monochromatic black in ANH (even though it does have the black/gunmetal thing, just with lots of dulling spray over it.)

Even though the molding looks a little rough, the Hurricane chestbox may be the only properly scaled ANH chestbox that has enough detail. The HT is too small and the SSC ANH is too lacking in detail and the sculpt is a bit off.

The SSC gloves from the deluxe release are really big (specifically how the cuffs flare), so I don't think they'd be an improvement. I'll bet these can be futzed to look good or at least be less noticeable.

Stitching runs the wrong way on the SSC ROTJ/DX version. The SSC ANH gloves do look decent, but they are scaled for a figure that seems like it may be at least an inch taller than the HT Vader, so you may have the Audrey Hepburn gloves look going with gloves up to the elbows. Without side-by-side pics of the two, it's hard to say.

I noticed in one pic that there is a velcro patch under the glove "flap" to attach to the plastic fingers. I'd imagine they can be futzed better than we have seen.

Back