1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint is indicative of the ANH prop suit. It's accurate. I had the choice of clean, pretty and gloss or the scratched imperfection of the ANH suit. That's what I wanted. That's one of the reasons why I love the ANH suit so much.

I'm not talking about the prop paint scheme, I'm fully aware of what the prop looks like and that's how I want mine painted too. I meant in that pic it looks sloppy. But it's a poor pic and I'm assuming it was just the poor pic. Not dissing anyones figure here.

I'm not talking about the prop paint scheme, I'm fully aware of what the prop looks like and that's how I want mine painted too. I meant in that pic it looks sloppy. But it's a poor pic and I'm assuming it was just the poor pic. Not dissing anyones figure here.
It's a poor pic but nothing to betray the paint job here, at least I don't think. I think this is just a difference of opinion. Which isn't a problem either. :)

I improved/zoomed Fiend's pic a bit so you can see his fig better...

vada_zpsmilndhv2.png

After reading how Ms Hurricane produced the gloves, my easy fix is going to be keeping the gauntlets and just putting on the set of bendy gloved Dredd hands. Should look just about right.

Fiend's ANH hurricane Vader is pretty much spot on what he looks like on screen, especially the semi matte dome, unlike the glossy HT one. Wish I could get a ANH hurricane Vader too :panic:

Fiend's ANH hurricane Vader is pretty much spot on what he looks like on screen, especially the semi matte dome, unlike the glossy HT one. Wish I could get a ANH hurricane Vader too :panic:

It's truly perfection. That just made the top of the must one day own list :)
On the HT alleged ANH version, some pictures look great, and some just outright terrible.

image.jpeg

This pic is a good example of what I mean about Vader's eyelids being black...just the hard edge of his eyelids are black enough to make it disappear beneath the ridge of his dome...this differentiates the ESB and roj versions where the gunmetal from the rest of the head goes all the way through to his eyelidss edges and then transitions to black on the interior...no need for lowering the dome here....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 404
But please....please... this threads about the HT Vader. I'm sure if there is a 'ht vader modification' thread started we can contribute there...

Shouldn't have made that vader so cool [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back