1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its ridiculous to that they would think we would want to have to strip the figure down all the time to be able to turn on the sound. I will have to do it at least once to get it all futzed but damn i'm not going to be stripping him constantly for the sake of sound.

Its ridiculous to that they would think we would want to have to strip the figure down all the time to be able to turn on the sound. I will have to do it at least once to get it all futzed but damn i'm not going to be stripping him constantly for the sake of sound.

They should have put the sound feature in the display stand.

Anyone have an opinion on whether the HT Vader body suit would fit on the SSC Dx Vader ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. The one you sold, was it the regular or exclusive?

See below

Believe Fiend's was an exclusive. I also sold my exclusive for $50 under retail around a year ago. Some exclusives just aren't coveted and don't translate to a higher asking price (over retail -- may still sell for a tiny bit more than a non-exclusive with both being under retail) once sold out. From what I've seen, this is definitely the case with Deluxe Vader.

Yup. Nearly a year trying to sell off the Exclusive and eventually just had to knock off $50 bucks from the retail price I bought it from. I shouldn't even have bought it honestly. I hadn't planned on buying it because there were things that I didn't like about it and I already owned a customized ANH Vader that I put a good deal of work into. But I'm a sucker for Star Wars and started seeing some modifications people were doing (that's one of the reasons I bought it think. I love to tinker)and got sucked into all the hype. That won't happen again. I think. :lol

These 6 photos are my favourite that I've ever taken of a figure.

What can I say that hasn't been said a million times? You're the man, para. Great,great,great pics. And that is some top notch '77 Vader futzing right there. The placement of the chest box is perfect and the shoulder armor looks so much better and more accurate here. Well done!

Last edited:
For some reason my voice function stopped working. I did it once and now it's not happening. The remote light flashes so it's not the batteries in that and I just changed out the batteries in the figure but still no joy.

Any idea's what happened there lads?

For some reason my voice function stopped working. I did it once and now it's not happening. The remote light flashes so it's not the batteries in that and I just changed out the batteries in the figure but still no joy.

Any idea's what happened there lads?

Nothing to do with having to switch it off and on again after 15 minutes?

Can someone make a video or picture tutorial on how to raise the codpiece, belt and chest panel? I know clipper when into it, but more detail would be appreciated. This guys is pretty expensive so I wouldn't want to damage it. Thanks.

Can someone make a video or picture tutorial on how to raise the codpiece, belt and chest panel? I know clipper when into it, but more detail would be appreciated. This guys is pretty expensive so I wouldn't want to damage it. Thanks.

It's all easy to handle velcro so you will not damage it at all. :)

I dunno, perhaps it's just reset itself in an odd way. But this never happened with my ED 209 and Robocop.

Seems a silly choice for use with Vader, considering the amount of clothes covering the little switch, but I suppose HT were making do with the technology they had.

Clipper dispensed with using the crotch strap and put it up under the vest, thereby allowing him to position the codpiece further up the Velcro.

As for the chest box all he did was tighten the strap behind Vader's neck, overlapping the Velcro more than HT intended, so shortening the straps and raising the box.

can someone post close up of the gloves and what's all the fuss about them? And is it possible to swap gloves with the deluxe?

cheers

Does the chestbox on the HT vader light up like the SSC? Don't know if that impacted the sizes of the SSC chestbox, but let's remember that lights up! I do think the helmet sculpt looks better, but aside from that, certainly not leaps and bounds. I am thinking about kitbashing between the two, but I would honestly prefer having the light up features on the chestbox and belt from the SSC figure and keeping that on my kitbash then having the voice fx and knowing I can't access them. You know it would be easier on my brain knowing it's not there then knowing it's there and the amount of trouble you have to go through for the effect. The SSC figure is actually pretty easy to trigger the lights and it looks cool. Also not a big fan of voice sounds anyways.. and if I was I would be more interested in getting R2 to make sounds.

Back