1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The blade was way too thick..looked like a red baseball bat.
The original SS ANH Vaders saber was awesome in deep red color and width..it also tapered at the end.

Oh, I see. I only have the hilt, wasn't sure what you meant. Yeah, it actually does look a bit like the Hasbro (and Hasbro did good and bad blades too - the Dooku one isn't bad.)

Yeah the "lit" saber for the SS Vader is terrible. And the Luke Hoth one was even worse somehow. I might still grab the SS deluxe chest box as that seems about the same size as the Hot Toys one. Plus, more lights!

Oooo... lights.:lol

Yeah, I got the SSC DX chestbox for my Kaiyodo ensemble and it's just lovely. :)

The Luke Hoth blade made me want to bite it. It had a blue candy vibe.:dunno

I thought I was going to be able to avoid Hot Toys Star Wars toys like I've barely managed to with their Marvel movie stuff but I just can't do it anymore. I threw down a pre-order on Vader this afternoon. The thing looks so gorgeous that I don't have any regrets that I had to sell my 1989 Joker to justify the expense to my wife.

Don't you know? "Naysaying" is viewed as an evil action where you you will be mocked if you partake in that activity. No criticism is allowed in figures thread. No liking is allowed in movies threads. No criticism is allowed in tv threads.

Only popular opinion is allowed and if one does not go on that path.... he forever will be deemed as troll.
You really need to tone that nonsense down man. :lol

Nothing like a frustrated ClipperKing video! :lol

Thanks for posting it Clip, your videos are always very informative.

Great video Clipper, thanks for posting. I think I'll only be bothering with the lightsabre light up feature when I (eventually) get this.

The futz is strong with this one.

Holy smokes Vader looks great. Can't wait for it to ship.

Hey para, or stealth or anyone else. Have you guys posed him with his hands on his belt yet? Thats my fav vader pose lol. Was wondering if it was possible.

Beautiful pictures.... beautiful figure!

Superb! Looks like a full scale replica:clap

Those are some lovely pics!

Cheers guys :duff I'll try a few different poses over the weekend.

They should have just put the sound stuff in the stand. I would never even mess with it after hearing what a pain in the ass it is

The real question is: why did HT design, and then photograph him as cosplay Vader, when all it takes is some simple futzing to make him into an almost perfect looking Vader? :confused:

After watching Clipper's video it's evident that you just have to 'undo' their design - do away with the crotch strap and fasten the chest box straps tighter. Non-invasive futzing that can be undone to reset him to HT factory settings!

Seems it's only the gloves can't be simply improved upon.

My Vader has just arrived. Going to wait until my birthday on Sunday before I open him. I love how the best presents I get are the ones I (secretly) buy myself..."what him??? I've had him for years..." ha ha ha.

Well that's stupid that they recycled the robocop sound tech for darth vader, so basically after that set time it turns off the sound. Stupid. Especially since like rick said, the figure has too much clothes on to get to the switch every time. :slap

Ric talking to Vader was the absolute best. :lol

Even though it's cool that the figure "talks," it would've been a lot easier, if not necessarily better, to have had the voice feature in the stand.

Back