1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could care less about the electronics. Sound effects and light-up features belong on those over sized Hasbro/Disney figures.

You can't leave the batteries in it or they will eventually leak and destroy the figure. The electronics will eventually break even if you don't use them.

I wish they didn't include them and made the figure a bit cheaper but oh well.

I like the voice, breathing and light-up saber and boxes -- BUT I think the ease-of-use design is a huge fail.

I will try the lightsaber gimmick but chances are will change it out as holding a lightsaber is not my favorite pose for Vader.

Not sure about the voice/breathing bit. But makes most sense to leave the batteries out of the figure.

The only feature I WILL use is the independent belt boxes.

I like the voice, breathing and light-up saber and boxes -- BUT I think the ease-of-use design is a huge fail.

I will try the lightsaber gimmick but chances are will change it out as holding a lightsaber is not my favorite pose for Vader.

Not sure about the voice/breathing bit. But makes most sense to leave the batteries out of the figure.

The only feature I WILL use is the independent belt boxes.

My thoughts exactly. :)

Did anyone figure out yet if the HT head will fit on the ESB/ROTJ SS body? A parted out head might be a good alternative while holding out for HT to do an ESB/RPTJ version.

Also, I wonder if the SS gloves fit on the HT Vader? If I got the HT Vader I would be tempted to try. I know they are quilted in the wrong direction for ANH, but I do like them better.

Hi guys, first time posting. Been lurking this thread since around 3500 post mark when I preordered Vader. My first Hot Toy was earlier this year when I saw a Storm Trooper on the shelf at my LCS. Was amazed with the quality and made up my mind that instead of statues, I wanted to collect Hot Toys. I now have Vader payed in full and have Kylo Ren and Phasma on payment plans. Thanks to the people of this thread, my excitement for this hobby is really high. Went to Ikea and bought another Detolf in anticipation. Has a bunch of filler in it until then but should be full my the end of 2016. Lord Vader brought me here, staying for the cool people.

1tj1ExE.jpg

6zssdAg.jpg

Nice set-up, Korupt. Always like to see figures mixed in with books and movies. Just seems appropriate, somehow. Welcome to the board!

Did anyone figure out yet if the HT head will fit on the ESB/ROTJ SS body? A parted out head might be a good alternative while holding out for HT to do an ESB/RPTJ version.

Also, I wonder if the SS gloves fit on the HT Vader? If I got the HT Vader I would be tempted to try. I know they are quilted in the wrong direction for ANH, but I do like them better.
Hey id like to know too can someone answer this?

After seeing the last pictures I'm in the corner! Buy it or not? I don't know! I've put him in in the cart a lot of times but never pushed the confirm button! So I've spent the last hours observing my custom vader? I need him or not? I need him or not? I need your help! Can someone put his ht vader in this pose? You can use the reference picture as I've done so I can do a good comparison between mine and the ht one!

Attachments

• vader custom anh comp.jpg
    vader custom anh comp.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 330
There will be a $20 November code most likely and it will work on Vader--waiting for that one before I order as he doesn't arrive to SS until December anyhow.

Thanks, bud. We're about halfway through the month so hopefully one shows up soon.

And sweet collection, Korupt!

Oh, and Sturtrup, you don't need another ANH Vader. That looks quite perfect.

After seeing the last pictures I'm in the corner! Buy it or not? I don't know! I've put him in in the cart a lot of times but never pushed the confirm button! So I've spent the last hours observing my custom vader? I need him or not? I need him or not? I need your help! Can someone put his ht vader in this pose? You can use the reference picture as I've done so I can do a good comparison between mine and the ht one!

Is that a Hurc? Looks amazing :rock

I think yours with the HT helmet would look better than the stock HT.

Back