1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, first time posting. Been lurking this thread since around 3500 post mark when I preordered Vader. My first Hot Toy was earlier this year when I saw a Storm Trooper on the shelf at my LCS. Was amazed with the quality and made up my mind that instead of statues, I wanted to collect Hot Toys. I now have Vader payed in full and have Kylo Ren and Phasma on payment plans. Thanks to the people of this thread, my excitement for this hobby is really high. Went to Ikea and bought another Detolf in anticipation. Has a bunch of filler in it until then but should be full my the end of 2016. Lord Vader brought me here, staying for the

Nice corner you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Yeh. Uhh. You don't need this.

That's incredible. :clap

:thud:

Oh, and Sturtrup, you don't need another ANH Vader. That looks quite perfect.

:panic:

I think yours with the HT helmet would look better than the stock HT.

:eek:

Is that a Hurc? Looks amazing :rock

No, it's not Hurc! Even if I'm waiting for some Hurc parts for try some improvements on him. At the moment it's a mix of heavily modded parts from hasbro and sideshow and custom made (by sturtrup:lol).

Thanks to all Guys, you left me whithout words!

Thanks everyone. Do this forum, I added a new word to my vocabulary, futzing. I had to explain the origin of said word to my wife when I used the word in a sentence. She was like "you found a community dedicated to this hobby" and I was like "yep!" She was like "oh god". Lol

Thanks everyone. Do this forum, I added a new word to my vocabulary, futzing. I had to explain the origin of said word to my wife when I used the word in a sentence. She was like "you found a community dedicated to this hobby" and I was like "yep!" She was like "oh god". Lol

:rotfl:rotfl

Welcome KoruptData! Love your display and your funny story!

After seeing the last pictures I'm in the corner! Buy it or not? I don't know! I've put him in in the cart a lot of times but never pushed the confirm button! So I've spent the last hours observing my custom vader? I need him or not? I need him or not? I need your help! Can someone put his ht vader in this pose? You can use the reference picture as I've done so I can do a good comparison between mine and the ht one!

Only problem is the facemask..?That's the sideshow face and it is distinct...you can buy a hot toys Vader head from somebody who will piece it out

After seeing the last pictures I'm in the corner! Buy it or not? I don't know! I've put him in in the cart a lot of times but never pushed the confirm button! So I've spent the last hours observing my custom vader? I need him or not? I need him or not? I need your help! Can someone put his ht vader in this pose? You can use the reference picture as I've done so I can do a good comparison between mine and the ht one!

Dude get outta here with that amazing looking vader lol

That's a really nice review with lots of high quality close ups. Thanks.

Gotta say though, those wonderful closeups of the mask had me scratching my head as to Hot Toys little nose insert. It hadn't really bothered me until now. I'll live with it though as it's still a great looking figure.

Good to see the stock cape is of a decent quality too.

Please can someone put him in the neutral but menacing pose where he's just standing there with his Saber lit, but lowered right down and his left hand is covered by the cape where he says "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan...we meet again at last". I'd love to see how the HT Vader looks in that simple pose.
Thanks! Great photos so far everyone!

Lovely pics there paramoremcr88!!

Sadly it's too dark and grey today in the UK today to take pics of my Vader. But I will give it a go. If there are any requests...

Thanks, bud. We're about halfway through the month so hopefully one shows up soon.

And sweet collection, Korupt!

Oh, and Sturtrup, you don't need another ANH Vader. That looks quite perfect.

:duff In the code thread people looked up last year and a code didn't arrive until the 22nd of November so there's still time. :lol

And yeah, that ANH Vader looks awesome, Sturtup! Don't think that you need to upgrade

Please can someone put him in the neutral but menacing pose where he's just standing there with his Saber lit, but lowered right down and his left hand is covered by the cape where he says "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan...we meet again at last". I'd love to see how the HT Vader looks in that simple pose.
Thanks! Great photos so far everyone!

Yes, add me to this wishlist also...

*********. I was so ready to be satisfied with my SS DX Vader (as I have been since day 1), and wait for the inevitable HT ESB/RotJ version, but all these new pics and videos are really tempting me to turn to the darkside...

Son. Of. A. Beeotch.

Inbound out of customs in Chicago. Vader's shuttle will be landing here Monday.

I'll try to get some in hand shots up Monday night. May have to wait until Tuesday to get some natural light photos.

Back