1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laptop hands down lol.

For me, I had to choose between Vader and Sandtrooper since I couldn't afford both of those and Luke all at once. Hope the Sandtroopers last a little longer than the regular ones did. :p

Got my Vader.

Pros: He's huge and bulky. Cape is great and the mask is spot on.

Cons: The ankles are weird.

I've been expecting you.

U4LqjFu.jpg

The ankles on mine move up and down but don't pivot side to side - is that normal? it's not on Han or other figures. Is that the same trouble you are having?

gee, another thing to add to my list of issues

yeah, it drives me crazy that he can't plant his feet properly because there's no side to side pivoting:lol

I didn't know about the ankles. Good thing I museum pose but still would have liked the movement.

I'm 99.9% a museum poser but I just can't this guy to look good in a static museum pose:dunno

I like him to just stand there and be imposing. The crappy thing is HT is going to improve all the issues for the ESB Vader but I like his SW look.

Man, I am getting charged today for mine, but all these issues people are bringing up make me wonder if I should just stick with my SS Deluxe, which I've been happy with. All these problems sound like a PITA out of the box.

yeah, it drives me crazy that he can't plant his feet properly because there's no side to side pivoting:lol

I took the boots off and reached in them and started working the ankle peg. They are incredibly stiff but I was able to get some ankle pivot. It might be something that can be worked at and loosed up. Be careful though.

In the meantime, I hope SS can get me a new belt. Looks really dumb to display him without one.

I took the boots off and reached in them and started working the ankle peg. They are incredibly stiff but I was able to get some ankle pivot. It might be something that can be worked at and loosed up. Be careful though.

In the meantime, I hope SS can get me a new belt. Looks really dumb to display him without one.

I'm still waiting on them to send me a comm link for my Stormtrooper Luke. I haven't been contacted yet about it....

He is so imposing looking on the shelf with other 1/6 figures. I've only been collecting since October but he is my crown jewel so far and might be awhile to beat him.

is anyone happy with the voice feature? and also how difficult is that... i heard some places that its a big issue to use that feature on an ongoing basis.. is it really that bad an issue. i need only one vader and i am now in a dilemma between this and ESB as and when it comes.

I received mine today and snapped these quick pics.

Lets lay the argument to rest: The HT Blows the SS away. I have owned all three and can honestly say this figure is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_1357.JPG
    IMG_1357.JPG
    925.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    974.9 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1361.JPG
    IMG_1361.JPG
    826.6 KB · Views: 332
Back