1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to order an extra belt with belt boxes off Toy Anxiety. Seems a little high there for it, but Vader is gonna be at the center of my 1:6 display, and I just know that belt is gonna eventually give out

Got no ankle issues as well. But I can't do ankle pivot and don't remember if he has one.

Tried doing the battery but then saw how hard it was to reach so nope. The hands aren't that bad imo. Wire on inner robe is too long. Will remove that eventually. Articulation is good.

a341fd58fedbe2dc898453503ece98a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pic! Love that pointing. :rock

I'm waiting until tomorrow morning to open this up. Can't wait to go 'Clark Griswold' on my parents christmas decorations in their yard when I can't get vader's electronics to work.

Decided to order an extra belt with belt boxes off Toy Anxiety. Seems a little high there for it, but Vader is gonna be at the center of my 1:6 display, and I just know that belt is gonna eventually give out

belt__70475.1450480618.1280.1280.jpg
Looking at the picture of the belt there and it looks different from how mine was made. The picture there shows a much smaller hole than the large square mine was like. Are these made all the same or is there variation in how some belts clasp?

vader1.jpg
vader2.jpg
vader3.jpg
I'm not even going to mess with the batteries for now. Doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Such an impressive figure.

View attachment 231759
Looking at the picture of the belt there and it looks different from how mine was made. The picture there shows a much smaller hole than the large square mine was like. Are these made all the same or is there variation in how some belts clasp?

That's how mine looks - as far as the hole on the right side.....

Ok, so spent an hour trying to put the batteries in the boxes (one box I should say).............couldn't do it; I was defeated

Matt = 0
belt box = 1

May try again tomorrow

Get a thin plastic or paper then cover side where the - sits on. so it's easier to slide in the battery. Then pull the plastic or paper. They should've done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so spent an hour trying to put the batteries in the boxes (one box I should say).............couldn't do it; I was defeated.

IMO this is another thing HT should consider getting rid of, battery operated features that only a small percentage of the collecting community actually use. I've only been collecting HT for about a year, but it's long enough to know the battery functions have a high failure rate...so why attempt it? How many collectors out there use the light-up features for example, on a regular basis in their displays? Would you continue to purchase figures if a lightsaber didn't glow or an Arc Reactor didn't light up?

Im sure this has been asked 100 times, but how tall is Vader on the stand? My shelves are only 14 inches tall and the cant really be adjusted with how my display is set up.

Back