1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we see Moore?

rogermooreliveandletdie.jpg

Arrived today, can't open until Friday morning. Soooo excited to get this guy setup with the troopers before the family arrives that day.

Mine arrived today(I love FedEx;you tell them when you'll be home,and that's when they show up).Was going to wait 'til Friday to open him,but my wife pointed out that I wasn't really impressing anyone(I think she wanted to see him).Found him moderately challenging to power up,even with the tweezers(can you beat that?).Voice function and remote work great;he even says my favorite line(I find your lack of faith disturbing).My only complaint is that the belt doesn't stay fastened too well;I'm thinking a bit of velcro in the correct location will resolve this.Thinking I might take some shots comparing the HT with my Modded Sideshow,though the material quality is amazing;the cape is almost as heavy as my 1/1 version.HT does it again...PS

I took the boots off and reached in them and started working the ankle peg. They are incredibly stiff but I was able to get some ankle pivot. It might be something that can be worked at and loosed up. Be careful though.

In the meantime, I hope SS can get me a new belt. Looks really dumb to display him without one.

Are they the barbell joints like the batman Arkham city? Or a hinged swivel joint like typical wrist pegs?

Are they the barbell joints like the batman Arkham city? Or a hinged swivel joint like typical wrist pegs?

I'm not really sure because it's way down in the boot. I'd look again, but mine is packed back up while I wait to hear from Sideshow about what they plan to do about a damaged part.

Ouch! At these prices I think HT needs to do better at QC and design overall; if your expected to disrobe a figure to install batteries the materials need to hold up to that. Personally, I don't have a need to hear the voice mechanism or have a lit lightsaber; even so, they could do better at material selection and design. I hope HT learned from this release, a built in voice mechanism is overkill.

Ouch! At these prices I think HT needs to do better at QC and design overall; if your expected to disrobe a figure to install batteries the materials need to hold up to that.

I agree. a square cutout with just a thin amount of material around the border meant to fit over (and under) a plastic square under the buckle is a poor design choice. A metal or plastic clasp or even velcro would have worked better and be more durable when you are expected to be able to undo and redo the belt in order to access the figure's features.

Got no ankle issues as well. But I can't do ankle pivot and don't remember if he has one.

Tried doing the battery but then saw how hard it was to reach so nope. The hands aren't that bad imo. Wire on inner robe is too long. Will remove that eventually. Articulation is good.

a341fd58fedbe2dc898453503ece98a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back