Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no Poe because no one, not even the people who made the film, expected him to be popular. He was supposed to be a one-off.

Not only a one-off, but he wasn't even supposed to survive. JJ Abrams said in an interview that he had to go back and figure out how to work him into the third act.

It would have been fine if he did, but I'm glad he didn't too cause I like Isaac. The other issue is who would be piloting the Starkiller Base attack that we would be compelled to follow?

New poses!!

7513129a465c0dd436f7bb8d2b9db898.jpg

46338922a25a18696b9e4abcd7093c03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What do you think of the HT bb8 compared to the Sphero, devs? I've got the Sphero but no HT. Just wondering if I need to spend the extra cash.

Like others said the HT version is hands down the best as far as movie accurate replicas go. Its got functional LED lighting in the head though after i took photos of it i pulled the batteries. Same goes for the functional lightsabers for Kylo and Finn. I wont use it often and I need the batteries exploding. It depends on what you are after. Realistic figure: Hot Toys. Functional product: Sphero. If they ever teamed up that would be awesome. But where the HT has grooves and weathered paint the Sphero is perfectly smooth with what appears to be paint/decal sealed under a durable plastic coating. I pretty much love them both equally and the Sphero is still a blast to take out and tool around with from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered one of those knock off Rey heads. I'm going to make a custom head. Change her expression to angry rey!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok I know everyone will think I'm insane, but I decided to do a slight repaint of the eyes on mine. The huge black irises were really starting to bug me so I shrank them down a bit and also slightly brightened up the whites of the eyes. I also made the eyes a bit lighter in color as well (but didn't want to go too far as Daisy's eyes still read as fairly dark from a distance).

Oh and I also wanted a relaxed left hand to pose with, so took a spare I had and repainted it to match her skin tone. So bizarre that one wasn't included in the set.

20160924_222816 (549x800).jpg

20160924_222827 (539x800).jpg

20160924_223334 (522x900).jpg

How do you get her belt off guys? I want to give her the breast augmentation and to make her a custom leather belt, but I want to keep the plastic one in tact without cutting it.

How do you get her belt off guys? I want to give her the breast augmentation and to make her a custom leather belt, but I want to keep the plastic one in tact without cutting it.

I had to just pull the top off from under the belt myself. Someone else had a video where they were able to slide it over a plastic bag or something, but I didn't feel like going through all that trouble just to flatten the chest. It's also possible that softening the belt up with a blow dryer or heat gun might let you stretch it and pull it off easier.

Ah thanks Dave, it confirms that there is no glued spot on the plastic where it connects like leia

This is surprising to me, generally items have some sort of logical construction to them and are not molded as one piece even stranger is the pouch being stitched on to the plastic.

I'm torn to not mod the figure at all because I love it as is but aside from the breast reduction I want to replace her sideburn thingies with real hair as i think they look w bit cheesy, the belt looks cheesy too which is why I want that replaced...

And i do admit that whatever you did to her eyes seemed to help her likeness

Last edited:
Yeah it's a shame the belt got changed from the proto. It not only used to sit a bit lower like it should, but it was actually painted and weathered to look more like real leather as well:

kjglj.JPG

(and incidentally it looks like BB-8 was painted with a more accurate orange too)

Back