Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want this head next...

2256410-terminator-1.jpg

V2 head.....

terminator-eye-surgery-arnold-schwarznegger1.jpg

Man those makeup effects were terrible. If Hot Toys made that head, they would have to vastly improve on the source material.

I'm on the fence about this myself, feel like i'm convincing myself to buy it because it's a Terminator and it's Arnie. I'm not that big on the film, definitely not as much as T2 anyways which is my favourite film. The spec pics don't have me grinning with excitement like Barney Ross did!

My feelings exactly, bud!

Great problem solving ability Quiggle.... Maybe I'll just starve my entire family for a week so I can pay for the entire thing.

instant ramens can taste good when you're creative, a little tofu squares and cucumbers dinner for under 2.50$

Man those makeup effects were terrible. If Hot Toys made that head, they would have to vastly improve on the source material.

I dunno... I would like the cheese source material. It's what it is. Can't pretend otherwise. But at 1/6 scale, it would probably look better anyway.

Since we're all talking about value proposition, just wanted to point out where the Tech Noir lies among other HT figures that are on the higher end of cost ($180 or more).

@ Sideshow.

Ghost Rider w/bike - $269.99
DX Bruce Lee - $209.99
Iron Man 2 Mark VI - $209.99
Michael Jackson BAD - $199.99
Berserker Predator - $194.99
T1 T800 - $194.99
Michael Jackson Thriller - $189.99
Iron Man 2 War Machine - $179.99
Iron Man 2 Mark IV - $179.99
Iron Man 2 Whiplash - $179.99
The Expendables Barney Ross - $179.99

Since we're all talking about value proposition, just wanted to point out where the Tech Noir lies among other HT figures that are on the higher end of cost ($180 or more).

@ Sideshow.

DX Bruce Lee - $209.99
T1 T800 - $194.99

You didn't include the ultimate HT rip-off figure...

Harvey Dent.

That's going by price/value. Since they're going for $60 now, gives you an idea of how marked up they were.

@ Sideshow.

DX Bruce Lee - $209.99
T1 T800 - $194.99

I didnt order one item on that list, so maybe thats why this is such a huge shocker for me :dunno

Well that and the fact that its TWO HUNDRED F'N DOLLARS :gah:

You didn't include the ultimate HT rip-off figure...

Harvey Dent.

That's going by price/value.

Wait, are you basing that on its long-term value? Because I can pretty much guarantee that, barring a massive production run, this Terminator is gonna be worth way more than Sideshow is charging in the long run.

Just don't buy from sideshow... there's no EX, go with some other retailer. Alter Ego and Viking Playground are always 10% less, and you can avoid tax if you live in CA.

I don't understand why people act like sideshow prices are definite and only.

Wait, are you basing that on its long-term value? Because I can pretty much guarantee that, barring a massive production run, this Terminator is gonna be worth way more than Sideshow is charging in the long run.

why would this be worth more in the long run?

Most likely this figure will go up in value and they're making far less than they did of Dent.

But no, I wasn't basing on long-term value. I was basing on what you got out of the box for what you paid. The long-term value on Dent just reveals what it probably cost to make. It's a $60 figure that got marked up to $150 during all the Bat-hype. I don't think anyone felt that figure was worth $150 or more even at the time.

There's different factors here of course, but the 'gouge' is on!

Just don't buy from sideshow... there's no EX, go with some other retailer. Alter Ego and Viking Playground are always 10% less

Even from AE, after shipping this will come in just under $200. Thats insane no matter how you cut it.

Shamefully I will pay it to. What an idiot :cuckoo:

Back