Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say wait for Dealer coupon stuff and Holiday discount deals as we get closer to Christmas... like Redford Films, places like that.

After T1 and Superman I'm out of this hobby for good unless Hot Toys pulls me back in with '89 Batman.

Gotta seriously consider getting away from HT figs if they creep up to the 200 range. I love the quality of their figures but when I can pick up two Joes or SW figs for the price of one HT fig there's some serious deliberating to do.

Funny that the figures they charge 150 (Sideshow price)/135 (other retailer price) for seem to be even more loaded with gear....

Re: Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Really hoping to find this at an affiliate for a more reasonable price. $200 is already pushing it for me for...well, anything pretty much, but it's especially hard for a toy with what I would consider a "standard" amount of accessories and no electronic features.

Gotta seriously consider getting away from HT figs if they creep up to the 200 range. I love the quality of their figures but when I can pick up two Joes or SW figs for the price of one HT fig there's some serious deliberating to do.
You will deliberate no such thing.

I really like this figure...but I always preferred the black jacket version, so the price has sold me on waiting and NOT getting both versions.

This love affair got dashed quick.

Easy Peasy.

If this is available later when things calm down for about $150 then I'd likely buy it.

Yep, with a 200 price point Sideshow is shooting themselves in the foot for this reason. Instead of pricing this reasonably where more Collectors would buy both, now guys like you will make a choice to get one. No offense to SSC, really, but they're doing this to help cover losses for unsold inventory sitting in their warehouse.

anyone else riding a high these past two days, very excited and feels like a nasty hangover now?

No offense to SSC, really, but they're doing this to help cover losses for unsold inventory sitting in their warehouse.

If they had made better product decisions instead of niche items like Waxoff and Bonehead and not gotten so greedy they might have sold better but in this economy raising prices too quickly is suicide.

Ah people you know this hobby is expensive. Mine pockets is hurting too but this one is really a dream come true. As a kid I used to pretend some of the GI Joe figure was the Terminator. I always wanted a realistic Terminator before that was the Kenner which look so goofy. NEca was decent but Hot Toys blows everyone out the park.

Guess Sideshow's position is they can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They feel no pity, no remorse, no fear and they absolutely will not stop... ever.... until you are bankrupt!

Guess Sideshow's position is they can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They feel no pity, no remorse, no fear and they absolutely will not stop... ever.... until you are bankrupt!

Looks like we have a checkbook killer on our hands. :lol

Alter Ego will prolly be aroud 175, I think you can prolly end up getting it for 165 when things shake out. 165 is not too bad...

Ordered two from them....and that is the preorder price.....not sure that this purchase has $20 more stuff than the Stallone figure....extra head, maybe?

$175 is getting a little on the CRAZY side........$150 is more my comfort zone....

Gonna pose one naked..........anyone do custom dangle?

Big bad Toy Store has the preorder at $199.......who the heck orders from those rip off artists?

Ordered two from them....and that is the preorder price.....not sure that this purchase has $20 more stuff than the Stallone figure....extra head, maybe?

$175 is getting a little on the CRAZY side........$150 is more my comfort zone....

Gonna pose one naked..........anyone do custom dangle?

Expendables Stallone is 153 at AE. Go figure!

I'm like a crack addict with these damn things.... It's an affliction; I'm sick. :(
That's right, and if you try to quit, I'm gonna mail you a Hot Toys figure and get you re-addicted. We all must suffer through this together.

anyone else riding a high these past two days, very excited and feels like a nasty hangover now?
No. Honestly, I don't see how a difference of $30 is so distressing to everyone. Hot Toys' prices have been creeping up and up and so this is not unexpected IMO. We addicts will pay. And in the case of this figure, I will pay it three times or so.

--edit: Just saw that the Stallone is much cheaper--honestly, I don't understand that. But whatever the case, I'm gonna pay whatever it costs for the good stuff HT pumps out. And many of you will, too. So, I'm just dealing with it.--

for all those people who think the price is a lil steep,least SSC offers the flex pay,,,so $64 pm for 3 months isnt so bad as $200 all in one go

Back