Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't buy from sideshow... there's no EX, go with some other retailer. Alter Ego and Viking Playground are always 10% less, and you can avoid tax if you live in CA.

I don't understand why people act like sideshow prices are definite and only.

Sideshow's price sets the bar for other U.S. sellers like Alter Ego, CSC, Viking Hobby. They offer a discount, but wouldn't have been great if Sideshow's price was $180 (like Toys2)? That would lower the cost at Alter Ego, etc etc.

So instead of paying $176 at the lower end, you'd pay ~$160.

Someone should call the police because we are all getting raped by Hot Toys. I just started collecting 1/6 figures, and I feel like Hot Toys is starting to become a monopoly. Ive paid an arm and a leg for the figures I have, and was killing myself for not knowing about these earlier. If you look at all the AVP Preds, they retailed for $130!!!! Could this Terminator cost more or take more time to make? I think not. Even the new Iron Man Mark IV costs less than this. They must be out of their f___ing minds. :cuckoo: As well as anyone that thinks this is a good deal. With all of the people that will buy this, I don't doubt seeing almost all future releases at over $200 after tax and shipping. If we let Hot Toys get away with the continuous price hikes, why wouldn't they? :lecture I'm glad that this isn't a must have for me. And all the people saying that this is better than the T2 T-800, must either not have it or need glasses. I understand if you like the movie better, but the T2 T-800 is perfect and a much better price.

Ghost Rider w/bike - $269.99
DX Bruce Lee - $209.99
Iron Man 2 Mark VI - $209.99
Michael Jackson BAD - $199.99
Berserker Predator - $194.99
T1 T800 - $194.99
Michael Jackson Thriller - $189.99
Iron Man 2 War Machine - $179.99
Iron Man 2 Mark IV - $179.99

Iron Man 2 Whiplash - $179.99
The Expendables Barney Ross - $179.99

Thanks for the list. My breaking point for a figure is ~200 bucks. In fact the only figure I have coming that breaks that barrier is the Gardian Predator for 214 shipped @_@ But since its a Predator I decided to make go for it.

As for that list (edited to my needs)

Only figures I already have pre ordered on that list on in bold and I am getting both from AE for ~ 174 shipped. I buy most of my figs from there and that nice savings is used to buy other stuff! I really try to avoid buying from sideshow since CA gets raped in taxes and their msrp is higher as well.

As for this figure, for 190 shipped I might consider, I try to limit myself to one figure a month and for this year I am already over by 5 figures @_@ So that means they either bleed into next year or I make some serious adjustments. Arnold however seems nice but compared to T-1000 I would rather get another one of him since he is much more bang for your buck.

Hell even T-2 arnie was a great deal, but man, an extra 30 for this guy? Tough purchase for me. Thats almost 2 sideshow figures for the price of this guy. Guess well see.

And maybe this has been posted, but don't you guys think the damaged arm should have been without an articulated wrist?

Seems silly articulation for basically one pose.

M.

But no, I wasn't basing on long-term value. I was basing on what you got out of the box for what you paid. The long-term value on Dent just reveals what it probably cost to make. It's a $60 figure that got marked up to $150 during all the Bat-hype. I don't think anyone felt that figure was worth $150 or more even at the time.

There's different factors here of course, but the 'gouge' is on!
If you take away the popularity factor, and are just basing this on the amount of stuff that a figure comes with, Dent comes with 2 heads, two jackets, the rest of a suit, a True Type, and a few other accessories like the gun and buttons. Even the most basic Hot Toys figure (which that is not, IMO) would run you $120-130. Dent is worth $60 because that is what people are willing to pay, because (IMO) his figure was produced in quantities that exceeded demand for the character. It wasn't that people would have bought more of him and jacked up his value if he came with more stuff. Mech Test Tony comes with all kinds of crap but it isn't worth that much because not many people want that figure.

And maybe this has been posted, but don't you guys think the damaged arm should have been without an articulated wrist?

Seems silly articulation for basically one pose.

M.
Would look weird to have one articulated wrist and one unarticulated wrist.

And the Joe figs are a hell of a lot funner given their display options and customizing/bashing potential.

EXACTLY! I dont know what it is, but I have way more fun with my Joe figs than any others. All my hot toys figs sorta just sit there, but the joes constantly get attention. I wonder if the same can be true with clone troopers . . .

Jesus. I've never seen so much complaining on something so great. Either get it or don't. Two very simple choices.

yeah the price is shocking, you know how many third world children you could feed a day with this one T-800?

Someone should call the police because we are all getting raped by Hot Toys. I just started collecting 1/6 figures, and I feel like Hot Toys is starting to become a monopoly. Ive paid an arm and a leg for the figures I have, and was killing myself for not knowing about these earlier. If you look at all the AVP Preds, they retailed for $130!!!! Could this Terminator cost more or take more time to make? I think not. Even the new Iron Man Mark IV costs less than this. They must be out of their f___ing minds. :cuckoo: As well as anyone that thinks this is a good deal. With all of the people that will buy this, I don't doubt seeing almost all future releases at over $200 after tax and shipping. If we let Hot Toys get away with the continuous price hikes, why wouldn't they? :lecture I'm glad that this isn't a must have for me. And all the people saying that this is better than the T2 T-800, must either not have it or need glasses. I understand if you like the movie better, but the T2 T-800 is perfect and a much better price.

This is nothing new...look at SSC.

Stop complaining, it is the way of life.

You clearly dont spend much time here.

And no one is complaining about the product, just the shocking sticker price. That is NOT so great.

If you don't like the price, then don't buy it. Yeah, it's a little high but worth it IMO. 3 sets of hands, 2 amazing sculpts, new body, battle damaged arm, 3 weapons, awesome clothes... what more do you want for the high price?

yeah the price is shocking, you know how many third world children you could feed a day with this one T-800?

You know how much I spend on beer and food a year that I don't need. Food I eat just because I'm so drunk.

The third world children thing wore off me about 10 years ago your gonna have to come at me with something better like Super Models who can't afford theyre spray tans.

I preordered at BBTS. God I hope they come down a bit. Kinda sucks that my custom I had been working on is now obsolete but hey, I may try and snag parts from another one to finish mine off right.

Cmon I saw this price coming all along.

Its Arnie, with 2 heads a Muscle Body, etc. We were just spoiled with the T-1000.

Back