Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but we were expecting this T-800 to be the same price as the T2 T-800 and you were all wrong.

and if it is a license issue boosting the prices, Reese can come as the bum first saw him and would still be more than 150$

:monkey2 You're right... I was wrong. I can't believe that my uninformed estimate of this action figure was off by such a wide margin. I'm going to go punch myself repeatedly in the nut sack.

so we have to wait until this ships January 2011 until next Terminator piece is announce that feels like an eternity. just give me the Reese already dammit.

so we have to wait until this ships January 2011 until next Terminator piece is announce that feels like an eternity. just give me the Reese already dammit.

Why do we have to wait til 2011 for another announcement? They could announce Reese next week or next month. I suspect we will see the West Highland Police Station version after this one ships but Reese will likely be announced before the holidays if were getting him.

I thought they don't give information on the next release until the new one is shipped, like T-1000 shipping now and that's why we hear of T1 T-800.

I'm just concerned about the Reese, seems just as popular because of Hicks head. would any of you pay close to this price for Reese?
if it doesn't have Biehn's likeness, i won't be paying anything for it. HT may get away with that crap with you goons, but i don't reward it anymore. i only pay top dollar for collectibles that look like who they're supposed to.

The last figure they didn't get a likeness right for was what XO Kane? or Billy?

I can't imagine theyd do that again especially with the raised prices.

I think with Reese they'll end up going to T-1000 route with two outfits in one package. Future Reese and Bum reese. Just like the T-1000 Reese would include 2 Pairs of Pants, 2 Pairs of Shoes, Two Jackets, One short-sleeved or sleeveless shirt, Bag of Pipe Bombs, Shotgun, Handgun, One Head-Sculpt, Misc. Tech Comm Gear.

if it doesn't have Biehn's likeness, i won't be paying anything for it. HT may get away with that crap with you goons, but i don't reward it anymore. i only pay top dollar for collectibles that look like who they're supposed to.

so which Terminator figures have you gotten thus far?

Who cares about 3rd world children :dunno

T1 T-800>>>>3rd world children

Zé is not amused... :mad:

2353759983_460510e308.jpg

so which Terminator figures have you gotten thus far?
right now, i just have the T-800 endo and i pre-ordered this guy. i don't really care about T2 or Salvation stuff, but those are great figures too.

Reese should be very, very basic; Figure with shotgun. :lecture SSC will have him for 150, others as low as 135.

You'rs so naive. :cool: Reese will come with two shotguns (regular and sawed off), hacksaw, revolver he stole from the cop in the alley, handcuffs, keys to handcuffs, pipe bombs, a bandage or two, clean head and post-semi explosion bloody head. Maybe even a bodybag.

$185

Re: Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

While some priced will be needlessly inflated, the need to get likeness rights from OAK for Arnie adds another group getting a chunk of profits so price goes up.

i can see why people are annoyed with the price but i will not be missing out on this guy even if i am paying more than i would like, i'm sure this will only increase in value, i made that mistake when i didn't get a dutch arnie or jack sparrow when they were released.

This is nothing new...look at SSC.

Stop complaining, it is the way of life.

Stop complaining at me complaining. The way of life is that consumers set the price for figures. If people stopped buying them as the price went up, they would lower their prices. I know it's supply and demand and my point is that the price will keep going up when people like you try to justify it.:slap If anything, we should all complain and hope that they think that they are at the limit. Otherwise you'll be paying PF prices for 1/6 figures before you know it.:lecture

If you don't like the price, then don't buy it. Yeah, it's a little high but worth it IMO. 3 sets of hands, 2 amazing sculpts, new body, battle damaged arm, 3 weapons, awesome clothes... what more do you want for the high price?

I think it said that it's the same body as the T2 T-800. The only thing that justifies this being more than the T2, is that is has two sculpts. And for the high price, I would want at least some kind of special stand. A diorama of the scene would be even better.:peace

Re: Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

While some priced will be needlessly inflated, the need to get likeness rights from OAK for Arnie adds another group getting a chunk of profits so price goes up.

Keep telling yourself that Maulfan to rationalize the inflated price. You forget T2 T-800 was $165 and had Arnold's likeness so that excuse doesn't wash.

The last figure they didn't get a likeness right for was what XO Kane? or Billy?

I can't imagine theyd do that again especially with the raised prices.
Yeah, but some actors just wont give up their likeness, not at any price. Like Eastwood.
So thinking it your way, it would mean no Reese at all?

Back