Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most I've ever paid for a 1/6 figure was $170 for Wolverine. The $176 from AE isn't a bad price. To me the T1 is well worth the price. It would cost more to make your own custom and I've yet to see a Technoir custom by anyone that looks even close to as awesome as HT's.

Love the movie, love the characer, love the actor and will love having the figure on my shelf!

Man I didn't see where it said this was gonna be released in Q4 2010 - Q1 2011, I was hopeing Q2 of 2011 at the earliest. The Berserker and Falconer Preds are gonna be released around the same time as T1.

Eh despite the price on this guy, I'm still gonna try to get him. If this was the Police Shootout T1, it would be a no brainer even if I had to cancel Berserker and Falconer.

Yeah, but some actors just wont give up their likeness, not at any price. Like Eastwood.
So thinking it your way, it would mean no Reese at all?
if it doesn't have the likeness, then it isn't Reese to begin with. you're just buying Generic Guy In Hobo/Soldier Outfit. there are figure manufacturers who make those, and they're not $200. all you're paying the premium for is the Hot Toys brand and you still end up not getting the actual character you wanted.

You'rs so naive. :cool: Reese will come with two shotguns (regular and sawed off), hacksaw, revolver he stole from the cop in the alley, handcuffs, keys to handcuffs, pipe bombs, a bandage or two, clean head and post-semi explosion bloody head. Maybe even a bodybag.

$185

you left out the pistol Lt. Traxler gives him in the police shootout.

They could always release a Reese head on a nude TT. They've done it before.
and that's fine. just don't expect me to pay the same price for an inferior product that doesn't look like who it's meant to. i'll pay the higher price for an officially licensed figure likeness, no problem. case in point - this guy.

so bought. one of my most wanted figures from one of my favorite movies. i think it looks awesome.

They could always release a Reese head on a nude TT. They've done it before.

No, no no. The Reese head will be the exclusive for the Dr Silberman figure ... :)

safe_image.php

Re: Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Keep telling yourself that Maulfan to rationalize the inflated price. You forget T2 T-800 was $165 and had Arnold's likeness so that excuse doesn't wash.

And this one comes with 2 heads.

if it doesn't have the likeness, then it isn't Reese to begin with. you're just buying Generic Guy In Hobo/Soldier Outfit. there are figure manufacturers who make those, and they're not $200. all you're paying the premium for is the Hot Toys brand and you still end up not getting the actual character you wanted.
Yeah, you might have miss-understanded me a bit there. I wasn't defending the fact of a figure with no likeness. Just pointing out the fact, that some actors dont want to give up their likeness for any number of $.
I have no interest of buying Reese what so ever... with likeness or not.

I think it said that it's the same body as the T2 T-800. The only thing that justifies this being more than the T2, is that is has two sculpts. And for the high price, I would want at least some kind of special stand. A diorama of the scene would be even better.:peace

How much money did it cost Hot Toys to develop the Arnold body?
How much does it cost them to make more bodies?
How much to have the sculptors sit and sculpt the 2 Arnold sculpts?
How much to paint the sculpts?
How much did it cost to sculpt mold and cast the weapons?
How much did it cost to do a new T1 battle damage arm?
How much does it cost to make the box art, pay for the licenses, and manufacture the boxes?
How much is the upkeep to maintain their website?
How much to advertise this product?
:lecture

How much money did it cost Hot Toys to develop the Arnold body?
How much does it cost them to make more bodies?
How much to have the sculptors sit and sculpt the 2 Arnold sculpts?
How much to paint the sculpts?
How much did it cost to sculpt mold and cast the weapons?
How much did it cost to do a new T1 battle damage arm?
How much does it cost to make the box art, pay for the licenses, and manufacture the boxes?
How much is the upkeep to maintain their website?
How much to advertise this product?
:lecture

That costs like $23.78.

HT and SS are ripping us off :mad:

Back