Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most I've ever paid for a 1/6 figure was $170 for Wolverine. The $176 from AE isn't a bad price. To me the T1 is well worth the price. It would cost more to make your own custom and I've yet to see a Technoir custom by anyone that looks even close to as awesome as HT's.

Love the movie, love the characer, love the actor and will love having the figure on my shelf!

I agree... $175 is high, but for all you get and the awesomeness that is T1 it is a must-have.

To me there really there is no Tech Noir head out there (except maybe the Imarsqed1 that he doesn't sell) that is this nice. The Frontline is okay, but is too rough for my tastes. And you're typically looking at around $250+ to make a custom one.

This and Kyle Reese together would be the strongest Hot Toys figure pair yet.
I still think they should go for a different look on his face,a more intense scary looking T-800 like when he was going in for the Kill because Hot Toys' T2 Arnold allready have the exact same expression.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I just noticed that the DX Bruce Lee, is only $4 more through Alter Ego.
9b12803938524c51427cb0d99.jpg

18b12853181734c9c661d2fa9e.jpg

So where is my Tech Noir light-up diorama?:dunno The Bruce has 14 hands, two outfits, more accessories, and two dioramas.

Last edited:
I love this but I was really hoping fo a 2 in 1 kinda deal with the police precinct shootout look as well. I can only imagine HT releaseing another figure like that with the light up eye too. I think we'll be spending even more money. And Please for the love of god dont forget REESE!!!! HT

I love this but I was really hoping fo a 2 in 1 kinda deal with the police precinct shootout look as well. I can only imagine HT releaseing another figure like that with the light up eye too. I think we'll be spending even more money. And Please for the love of god dont forget REESE!!!! HT

I was too. Now that I think about it though at least we'll get to display both versions without having to find another Arnold body.

I can understand why they choose the "Surgery" scene Headsculpt and arm instead of a Battle Damaged Head.Protect the current owners of HT's first battle Damaged T1 Arnie that they paid too much for,i like that.

The Owners of the HT Superman Returns Superman and Clark Kent in 2 different releases must have been pretty pissed when HT released a new and better 2 in 1 figure years ago.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Keep telling yourself that Maulfan to rationalize the inflated price. You forget T2 T-800 was $165 and had Arnold's likeness so that excuse doesn't wash.

Sure it can, the T2 license includes actor licenses, T1 doesn't. That's why we've had a crapload of T2 products featuring the human characters and you get a T1 from Hot Toys with a mangled up face and a Reese that vaguely looks like Michael Biehn. It could also mean not getting a Reese in this line, or one without Biehn's likeness, if HT doesn't pursue that, unless something's changed and someone whoever owns the rights to T1 now has somehow secured rights to the likenesses as well.

I'm sure also that the price will be inflated just because we have little T1 product out there so they know they have us by the balls.

I hope you guys know that T1, T2, are not owned by the same company....

I can understand why they choose the "Surgery" scene Headsculpt and arm instead of a Battle Damaged Head.Protect the current owners of HT's first battle Damaged T1 Arnie that they paid too much for,i like that.
pfft. that's what they get for keeping that turd. mine didn't last very long in my collection. i want a better one.

Wow... pricey. Well, I don't have a decent amount of Reward Points with SSC, so my options are either Razor's Edge (which is where I'm PO'ing the new HT Preds) or Alter Ego (which is $190 shipped). My guess is the costs will end up being the same.

Hmm... I did see a guy on eBay selling PO's for four Falconer and four Berserker Preds at $180 (inc S+H), so I might wait a few days to see what other options pop up.

Sure it can, the T2 license includes actor licenses, T1 doesn't. That's why we've had a crapload of T2 products featuring the human characters and you get a T1 from Hot Toys with a mangled up face and a Reese that vaguely looks like Michael Biehn. It could also mean not getting a Reese in this line, or one without Biehn's likeness, if HT doesn't pursue that, unless something's changed and someone whoever owns the rights to T1 now has somehow secured rights to the likenesses as well.

I'm sure also that the price will be inflated just because we have little T1 product out there so they know they have us by the balls.

We are also getting a few more accessories, plus a second head. While at first it doesn't seem worth the extra $30 jump from the T2 version, an alternate head can be a pretty valuable thing. Much more so than 30 measely bucks, too. Have you guys seen some of the prices things like this go for on eBay?

Still, I'll wait a few days and see if I can find any PO deals on eBay for $180 inc shipping. It happened with Berserker, so time will tell.

Thats they way I see it. :mad:

After T1 and Superman I'm out of this hobby for good unless Hot Toys pulls me back in with '89 Batman.
Same here. In fact I'd quit with the T-1000 and Abigail Whistler. Only this and Christopher Reeve Superman were bringing me back. Damn them! lol

$85 for that?

Those look no better than the cheap dollar store blow mold Defender figures from the 70's and 80's.

It's supposed to be bigger versions of the vintage Star Wars figures. I can see it's appeal....but anyone who buys that is an idiot. :monkey4:lol

Back