Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waynes-world-pic-1.jpg

:rock

Simpsonslayer.jpg

$170
theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

$195
hottoyst1t800pr20r.jpg

Compairing these two figures.

The price at some stores suck, I agree with you. But I wouldn't pay $50 dollars for "Barney" but I'd pay $200 dollars for this Arnold.

I don't understand all the hate on T2 and the figures from it, but if we're going to make any kind of comparison and strike out against something with hate, it should be this.

The Terminator > Expendables

T-800 > Barney

Arnold > "Sly"

Great film > ____ film

Iconic > What Stallone character is this?

The difference in price should be where the similarities and comparisons END. A better example would have been the upcoming Bruce Lee since it comes with so much stuff, but even then, this is THE TERMINATOR. This Terminator is just like Batman, or the Reeve Superman, Joker or all those other grails that people have been clamoring for. Mustn't compare them to Hot Toys' "side licenses".

My question is, he says that it will ship with 30 days of the listing. Does that always happen?

Nah, i PO'd the T-1000 back in july(i think) and it only just shipped this past week, so i can only assume he means 30 days from it's release date even though it say's from date of listing.

Buttmunch, Toys2 has it for $179 ........... Sideshow doesn't = the entire market.

Then don't buy it from SS :dunno

Sideshow's price is 'full MSRP' so all of the discounts other retailers offer are based on that. So no matter where you buy, Barney should be around $20-25 cheaper than T1 T-800. And I'm just pointing out there isn't anything there to justify that much of a price increase.

For example Corner Store Comics:

Barney $152.99
T-800 $175.49

Price difference: $22.50

If we want something to complain about, it should be the price point and lack of its justification. HT needs to include more or drop the price. If they can add a full Ripley figure to the Power Loader without increasing its price, we deserve some explanation here on the big price gap of these two figures.

My question is, he says that it will ship with 30 days of the listing. Does that always happen?

No. I pre-ordered the DX joker from there and it didnt even ship till quite a while after it was released. Also there have been a few people on here with complaints about goodshipped. Im not their biggest fan.

Sideshow's price is 'full MSRP' so all of the discounts other retailers offer are based on that. So no matter where you buy, Barney should be around $20-25 cheaper than T1 T-800. And I'm just pointing out there isn't anything there to justify that much of a price increase.

For example Corner Store Comics:

Barney $152.99
T-800 $175.49

Price difference: $22.50

If we want something to complain about, it should be the price point and lack of its justification. HT needs to include more or drop the price. If they can add a full Ripley figure to the Power Loader without increasing its price, we deserve some explanation here on the big price gap of these two figures.

Toy Square is not just some other retailer, they're one of 3 North American HT's distributors. Direct contact with HT's and their pricing. Besides both Toys2 and Sideshow have usually always been the same with price.

$170
theexpendablesbarneyros.jpg

$195
hottoyst1t800pr20r.jpg

Compairing these two figures, I really just don't see an extra $25 worth with the T1. Sure he has two heads, but Barney has two full outfits. Both are muscle bodies. Both have a fair amount of accessories. Seems like they should be within $5-10 of each other, not $25. Its one thing if they released these months apart, but they are back to back releases and I can't help but fill HT is REALLY milking T1 here.

I can't wait for their $300 Endo now :rolleyes:

If it was all metal though, I could see that price justified.

How can you compare a pair of dodgy jeans and a T-shirt to a second head sculpt? To be honest Sideshow is asking way too much for this figure

The Terminator > The Expendables...thats why T-800 is more Dino.

And well, to me i think a extra sculpted forearm and headsculpt is worth a lot more then a stock t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

The Terminator > The Expendables...thats why T-800 is more Dino.

And well, to me i think a extra sculpted forearm and headsculpt is worth a lot more then a stock t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

This is also true but not the part that justifies a higher price. Better film or not $170-$180 is all this piece should cost. Sideshows price makes no sense imo.

If it were a new Rocky or Rambo, then I might see where people are coming from. Not this though.

Back