Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Optimus Prime narrating it.

I don't remember seeing any commercials for the movie when it came out. I just tag along with my brothers and was kicked on my ass by it!!!

Guys is there anywhere that I can get this for a good price in the UK ? I used to buy direct from Sideshow but all the extra "import fees" kinda takes the fun out of getting the figure. Hoping to avoid that this time around.

I think few people would say the Expendables is better then Terminator, but overall as a performer I enjoy Stallone so much more then Arnie. Rambo and Rocky are cooler characters that any thing Arnie has done.

Nice. How about this one?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8UjGt45uChk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8UjGt45uChk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR."

That trailer was awesome, Peter Cullen no?.

I can't explain it. The T2 NECA 7"/12" figure line, the T2 Hot Toys line and the minimates was the first time it felt like we got "legit" movie accurate collectibles/figures. Almost as if they never existed before.

I know there were the McFarlane figures, and the original Kenner figures (ones I grew up on), AND those Sideshow figures and statues, but they just never felt like anything official. I don't know.

It's similar to this T-800. Sure there's MMS 01 and MMS 02 but they are also missing something that makes them feel off (literally for the Battle Damaged T-800).

I know exactly what you mean. Statues and busts don't count for me as a poseable figure collector. Sideshows figure looked like a ken doll because of how inappropriate the base body was and the poor clothes. The sculpt never worked for me 100% either. The McFarlane figures had no likenesses or were a mishmash of different looks because of their limited plans for the license. The initial Hot Toys MMS figures had no likenesses either and came from the era where Hot Toys thought humans were orange skinned! So yeah for me the Neca figures were the first time T2 was done any justice. They didn't hold the limelight for very long obviously.

Guys is there anywhere that I can get this for a good price in the UK ? I used to buy direct from Sideshow but all the extra "import fees" kinda takes the fun out of getting the figure. Hoping to avoid that this time around.
www.onesixthbruce.co.uk, probably the only one you'll need in the UK paul mate. But if you want it quicker you could resort to ebay when they are released! But I would go with OSB personally!

I am fine with this one costing a bit more; people forget that licensing fees are a factor to some extent.

One thing that gets me: most want perfection out of the sculpt, fabrication, etc, but they want it for cheap, cheap, cheap. Quality cost money!

I am fine with this one costing a bit more; people forget that licensing fees are a factor to some extent.

One thing that gets me: most want perfection out of the sculpt, fabrication, etc, but they want it for cheap, cheap, cheap. Quality cost money!

Perfectly said. :lecture

I think few people would say the Expendables is better then Terminator, but overall as a performer I enjoy Stallone so much more then Arnie. Rambo and Rocky are cooler characters that any thing Arnie has done.

Get out! Get out now!!!! Leave this thread and never return! J/k :lol

In all seriousness, everyone knows Howard Langston >>>> both Rocky and Rambo.

Yes, quality does cost money. But I can get a Barney Ross figure or a T2 T-800 figure for $25 less and still have the same quality, with perhaps more bang for the buck. There is a difference between paying for quality and paying to line HT's pockets.

Yes, quality does cost money. But I can get a Barney Ross figure or a T2 T-800 figure for $25 less and still have the same quality, with perhaps more bang for the buck. There is a difference between paying for quality and paying to line HT's pockets.

Agreed. Looked at my LCS this morning, and they have him for $175 and like you said, I can get my another T2 for $25 less or even Royce from Predators for $45 less. I think we're paying for him being wanted for so long and just a bit for likeness rights. I'm still getting him, but b/c of the price, gets put on the back burner as a later purchase

But if you have to choose one, which is it? Iconic Technoir Terminator or Barny Ross?

Haha good question. It's easier for me to choose this terminator as I felt the expendables was enjoyable, but im not buying any of the figures. There are other lines I'd rather save up for and go into like Predators and Iron man 2 instead of expendables

Something every Terminator should carry ...

sarah-id.jpg

Expendables better than Terminator?????? Whoever thinks that is smoking something:cuckoo:

Back