Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were a new Rocky or Rambo, then I might see where people are coming from. Not this though.

There should be no need for complaining on this one. We went from "Never ever gonna happen" to "Its friggin here" I remember speaking to a Sideshow distributor and he swore T1 would NEVER be able to happen. You gotta give HT's some credit.

Toy Square is not just some other retailer, they're one of 3 North American HT's distributors. Direct contact with HT's and their pricing. Besides both Toys2 and Sideshow have usually always been the same with price.

Toy Square is more of a Canadian retailer than USA. And when you factor in their shipping costs to the states, Sideshow is cheaper. If you are Canadian though, then they are a great option.

I was going to say this line is actually being released through Sideshow's license, but it doesn't seem to be that case. They must have only had the T2 license to lease.

How can you compare a pair of dodgy jeans and a T-shirt to a second head sculpt? To be honest Sideshow is asking way too much for this figure

An extra headsculpt is a $5 increase at most. If Sideshow can throw in an extra head for an exclusive for only $5 more, then HT should be able to as well, $10 tops. So a head and an extra set of clothes would be around the same cost, wether you like a t- shirt and jeans over a bloody crybaby head is up to you I guess. But in the end, T-800 is overpriced. Period. There is no justification for his higher price relative to Barney's. And the fact these were released back to back makes the difference even more blaring.

If I recall, there was a lot of shock yesterday over the price. Now everyone thinks its OK as long as you go with a retailer? :cuckoo:

There should be no need for complaining on this one. We went from "Never ever gonna happen" to "Its friggin here" I remember speaking to a Sideshow distributor and he swore T1 would NEVER be able to happen. You gotta give HT's some credit.

Sideshow and NECA are making T1 stuff too, so no you don't have to give HT some credit :lol

Well I never ruled it out as "never gonna happen" but I certainly didn't think it would happen this soon.

I almost lost it when that initial picture of the mouse and desktop reflection popped up. As soon as I saw that not only did I instantly recognize what it was, but I knew from here on out things would not be the same.

I have no complaints whatsoever about the actual figure. Usually I have some nitpicks but this one for some reason, I can't find anything wrong with it. My only problem is how people are reacting. Putting down other films/characters, other toy lines, each other etc. Oh and the "WHERE IS THE SUNGLASSES AND LEATHER JACKETSSSSSS". Other than that though, man is this something.

And as we all know, it's not going to end here. :yess:

Sideshow and NECA are making T1 stuff too, so no you don't have to give HT some credit :lol

Talk is cheap and so are "announcements" for 2011. NECA doesn't count ........... just yet. Besides their 7" figures look nothing like the actors (paint) so I think they just skipped the likeness step :lol

Talk is cheap and so are "announcements" for 2011. NECA doesn't count ........... just yet. Besides their 7" figures look nothing like the actors (paint) so I think they just skipped the likeness step :lol

:dunno

T1 figures happening has nothing to do with HT though. They just snatched up the license, that apparently is all of a sudden available. I remember a few years ago when everyone was making a Brando Godfather figure :Sideshow, HT, McFarlane. And now the same is happening with T1 (just replace McFarlane with NECA). So like the Godfather, something must have just fell into place for licensing recently.

:dunno

T1 figures happening has nothing to do with HT though. They just snatched up the license, that apparently is all of a sudden available. I remember a few years ago when everyone was making a Brando Godfather figure :Sideshow, HT, McFarlane. And now the same is happening with T1 (just replace McFarlane with NECA). So like the Godfather, something must have just fell into place for licensing recently.

You never get the full details ........... apparantely MGM is bankrupt, i'd bet not many would have seen that coming. Licenses and rights switch hands all the time ................. i'm not saying T1 has new owners but you never know. Plus, theres always money to be made .......... maybe someone over there finally realized how much T2's merchandising departement has been making all these years :lol

I'd compare this release similar to the Alan Dutch release, they had alot of extra negotiating to do with Arnolds likness people. Unlike T2 where the likeness was included.

To NECA's credit, they did seem to have the upper hand with their T2 license. It was almost like Hot Toys, Sideshow, and hell, even Art Asylum were RIGHT up their ass and copied the ____ they did.

NECA was still the first company with a legit Arnold T-800 (not counting that T3 stuff from Mcfarlane). There was just something that felt right about it, like a great time (similar to how this T1 T-800 from Hot Toys feels), especially with that first Pescadero T-800.

But I agree with the paint, especially these last waves/batches of figures (T-1000 and T-800 rehashes). Out of the ones I bought I couldn't find a single one with good paint apps and quality control. If the head was perfect, an arm peg was missing and vice versa.

Maybe, but it is clear something happend to open up licensing. Like I said, there was something with the Godfather 2 or 3 years ago as well. Who knows. I'm just glad its happening :yess:

To NECA's credit, they did seem to have the upper hand with their T2 license. It was almost like Hot Toys, Sideshow, and hell, even Art Asylum were RIGHT up their ass and copied the ____ they did.

NECA was still the first company with a legit Arnold T-800 (not counting that T3 stuff from Mcfarlane). There was just something that felt right about it, like a great time (similar to how this T1 T-800 from Hot Toys feels), especially with that first Pescadero T-800.

But I agree with the paint, especially these last waves/batches of figures (T-1000 and T-800 rehashes). Out of the ones I bought I couldn't find a single one with good paint apps and quality control. If the head was perfect, an arm peg was missing and vice versa.

Nope. Sideshow beat them by many years with their 12" figure.

Maybe, but it is clear something happend to open up licensing. Like I said, there was something with the Godfather 2 or 3 years ago as well. Who knows. I'm just glad its happening :yess:

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that this is only the beginning for The Terminator product.

I never thought it was a matter of there being trouble getting the licenses together (film and actors) so much as toy companies just not being willing to do the extra legwork and/or pay the extra for T1 when the much easier T2 was available. Kind of a scenario where everyone was waiting for someone else to step up and test the waters on T1 before they took the chance themselves. And now with T2 having been done so well in various formats and price-markets everyone decided to jump on the T1 bandwagon at the same time after how successful the T2 stuff had been :dunno

It'll be interesting to see if NECA have to raise the prices of their T1 figures above everything else they do.

I doubt it. If the price is increased, then I'm sure everything else they do will also be at that price. $13-20 is their average price nowadays depending on where you buy. And I'd expect T1 to be the same.

T2 had been done alot before NECA jumped in. For 7" they did a decent job though.

Scarface comes to mind as well.

I think Buttmunch has a point. To all of you who say you can buy elsewhere for $20, you can do the same with Barney Ross, so the issue still stands. That extra head is indeed worth a lot, but so is a competely seperate outfit. Ross also has glasses, necklaces, his cap, etc. As usual, HT is good at what they do and they know it. So people will have to pony up because we're finally getting a 1/6 T1.

It's a bummer, but hey. Same thing happened with the new Predator figures.

Nope. Sideshow beat them by many years with their 12" figure.

T2 had been done alot before NECA jumped in. For 7" they did a decent job though.

I can't explain it. The T2 NECA 7"/12" figure line, the T2 Hot Toys line and the minimates was the first time it felt like we got "legit" movie accurate collectibles/figures. Almost as if they never existed before.

I know there were the McFarlane figures, and the original Kenner figures (ones I grew up on), AND those Sideshow figures and statues, but they just never felt like anything official. I don't know.

It's similar to this T-800. Sure there's MMS 01 and MMS 02 but they are also missing something that makes them feel off (literally for the Battle Damaged T-800).

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/c4Jo8QoOTQ4?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c4Jo8QoOTQ4?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

Nice. How about this one?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8UjGt45uChk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8UjGt45uChk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

"TERMINATOR, TERMINATOR."

Back