Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well having one of the lapels fall off and vanish for jacket T-800 T2, I hope Hot Toys is able to use some good sealant for the T1 one because there's just so much more on that especially the gloves

I wouldn't buy it but I will admit that that was one of my favorite things about T3. The battle damage sustained from that helicopter is great even though it's just CGI. I loved how extreme it was.

But it was CGI well executed, i love how they used greenscreen makeup on Arnold to blend the actual BD makeup with the CGI endo

Someone said all the Terminator films were owned by different groups but I noticed Studio Canal is also credited on the T-1000 images.

I did some more checking into this and I found out that Studio Canal own both the rights to Terminator 2 and The Terminator, after they bought the Carocol film library. Carocol made Terminator 2 after obtaining the rights for The Terminator from the Hemdale Film Corporation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StudioCanal

Outside of the UK, Germany and France other distributors produce the DVDs and Blu-Rays on Studio Canal's behalf, but ultimately Studio Canal own the movie rights. Pacificor own TS and all future Terminator products. I'm not sure who owns T3, and to be honest, I couldn't care less

I did some more checking into this and I found out that Studio Canal own both the rights to Terminator 2 and The Terminator, after they bought the Carocol film library. Carocol made Terminator 2 after obtaining the rights for The Terminator from the Hemdale Film Corporation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StudioCanal

Outside of the UK, Germany and France other distributors produce the DVDs and Blu-Rays on Studio Canal's behalf, but ultimately Studio Canal own the movie rights. Pacificor own TS and all future Terminator products. I'm not sure who owns T3, and to be honest, I couldn't care less

That´s C2, I guess abbreviated for Carolco 2

But it was CGI well executed, i love how they used greenscreen makeup on Arnold to blend the actual BD makeup with the CGI endo

Actually I find one flaw with the CGI - it has his cheek opened up that from some angles you can see through his face and yet inside his mouth is still complete darkness when he talks - if his cheek is gone there should be light getting in from the side.

Ok, obviously people are missing that it was a comment towards the discussion of how the T1 license has been underproduced and somehow we now have3 companies doing it. The batmobile is an illustration to say what seems impossible at one point can become very possible down the road.

Ok, obviously people are missing that it was a comment towards the discussion of how the T1 license has been underproduced and somehow we now have3 companies doing it. The batmobile is an illustration to say what seems impossible at one point can become very possible down the road.

Ok, maybe a tad harsh.
But I couldnt let the pict go to waste.
:nana:

So are you getting this figure? It seemed like you didn't want it in the beginning but you show a lot of interest.

arnold-schwarzenegger.jpg

Considering it.

T2 but no T1?I am the opposite,definitely getting this one and hopefully followed by Reese.Zero interest in T2,there is just something about T1 that T2 don't have,probably the good old 80's feeling.T1 is one of my favourite 80's movies so i have been waiting for Arnold/Reese for a long time.

T2 but no T1?I am the opposite,definitely getting this one and hopefully followed by Reese.

Not No T1, just possibly no Tech Noir. I'm not a big fan of that costume and hair style, the biker cop much more suits me, I'm game for a Kyle too (likeness is must though), and I'm trying to cut back to buying things I'm only really into, but, the more I look at this figure and consider it's presence in my collection and the photo fun I'd have with it, I'm feeling like I might feel good about the purchase. Actually, I kind of feel like the figure looks cooler than Arnold did in the movie with that look. Sometimes I do find that because of the limits of figures, it can actually make things look better than the film counterpart, for me anyway.

Not No T1, just possibly no Tech Noir. I'm not a big fan of that costume and hair style, the biker cop much more suits me, I'm game for a Kyle too (likeness is must though), and I'm trying to cut back to buying things I'm only really into, but, the more I look at this figure and consider it's presence in my collection and the photo fun I'd have with it, I'm feeling like I might feel good about the purchase. Actually, I kind of feel like the figure looks cooler than Arnold did in the movie with that look. Sometimes I do find that because of the limits of figures, it can actually make things look better than the film counterpart, for me anyway.

I actually like the Tech Noir look more,if HT made Arnold that you prefer more(Last half of the movie) i wouldn't get it,Tech Noir look and Kyle Reese are 2 perfect figures to represent T1,and the only 2 i need from the franchise.I have no interest in the franchise really,i just dig T1...Just like many people have little interest in Rambo and Rocky,they just love First Blood and Rocky 1 as stand alone movies,i feel the same way about T1.

Different tastes, I grew up a T2 fan well before ever even seeing 1 so my perception of T1 was different and the tech noir look goes against what I felt the Terminator's look should be, the biker look and his T2 look are very alike and so for me, the tech noir costume isn't him yet. I was too young in the 80s too so the wild clothes just strike me as bizarre. However, I love the movie for the story and I enjoy the scenes with the tech noir gear, and I don't totally hate that look, it just becomes questionable for me as far as spending money on representations of it. I'm also really getting into Terminator with the wealth of products coming and I want to expand beyond just T2, I'll always favor that, but I want T1 in my collection also.

And as Roy pointed out, there is a little something wrong in having 3 Salvation figures and not getting this :lol

Back