Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those webs are horrible .. it's almost like he's using the cartridges and they just started running out.

Ugh...this figure arrived yesterday. I wasn't going to keep him (was going to put him up for sale), but I made the stupid mistake of taking a peek of and inside the box at Spidey housed behind his plastic cage.

Dammit. :lol

The sleeves are just one piece. So the whole thing slides up as one.

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I guess I meant to ask if the sleeves on the undersuit are attached to the main body of the undersuit. I'm trying to figure which way I need to adjust the shoulders.

so i preordered this figures fron darkfigures.com about a month and a half ago , and today i recived an e-mail saying that they didn´t recive enough figures from sideshow to complete my order :gah:
so , last time something like this happen (with thor) i checked alter ego comics to see if they had some cancelations.
and...they had 2 available :yess:
i just ordered 1 , so there should be one available at $ 150 if anyone would like to have it

Not to be a jerk, but for like i think hundredth time, HT's currently only has the Spider-Man 3 license... so don't even hold your breathe for a Goblin figure... Sad but true. :(

M.

:(

I was under the impression hot toys had the Marvel license and they could do figures from any Marvel movie including the whole spiderman trilogy.:dunno

Example: We got Blade from Blade 2 and Abby from Blade trinity.

I'm pretty sure that someone at HT said they had the rights to the "Spiderman trilogy," not just SM3. And if so, they're probably testing the waters and getting Spidey figured out with SM3 first, since it is the lesser of the films. And in a year or two we'll all be wowed with the improvements made on DX battle damaged Spiderman 2 Spidey with switch-out head, etc.

I'm pretty sure the license covers any Marvel film character.

:dance Venom and Daddy Goblin for the WIN!

so i preordered this figures fron darkfigures.com about a month and a half ago , and today i recived an e-mail saying that they didn´t recive enough figures from sideshow to complete my order :gah:
so , last time something like this happen (with thor) i checked alter ego comics to see if they had some cancelations.
and...they had 2 available :yess:
i just ordered 1 , so there should be one available at $ 150 if anyone would like to have it

This happened to you twice? From the same seller? I'd be dropping darkfigures like a hot potato.

How do places manage replacements in these cases, ie a figure gets sold out in a short period? Folks who are the victim of poor QC get faced with living with it or getting a refund, with no option of replacement? Figures that get released in batches I guess are right, seller just waits for the second batch to come in... but doesn't look to be the case with Spidey?

How do places manage replacements in these cases, ie a figure gets sold out in a short period? Folks who are the victim of poor QC get faced with living with it or getting a refund, with no option of replacement? Figures that get released in batches I guess are right, seller just waits for the second batch to come in... but doesn't look to be the case with Spidey?

I am holding my breath right now as I discovered that my Spidey's wrist is frayed. It's not terrible, but the elastic quality of the costume has me thinking it will spread apart over time. I bought it from my friend's shop and he has contacted Sideshow. Waiting to see what they say. I know that he was also shorted on his order like the poster above mentioned.

just because they say sold out doesnt mean they dont have extras on hand just for those cases...then if there arent as many exchanges as there are spares they go back for sale...which is partly why some of these online retailers have a few for sale weeks after they sell out

Ugh...this figure arrived yesterday. I wasn't going to keep him (was going to put him up for sale), but I made the stupid mistake of taking a peek of and inside the box at Spidey housed behind his plastic cage.

Dammit. :lol

You really just bought it to sell?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I guess I meant to ask if the sleeves on the undersuit are attached to the main body of the undersuit. I'm trying to figure which way I need to adjust the shoulders.

Don't know about the right sleeve, but the left one is definitely not attached. The bulge at the left shoulder is actually a dip where the sleeve has separated from the rest of the suit. So, work that under sleeve back UP into place. :duff

Not sure why it's always the left one that has the problem, but I'm sure it's somehow related to the hand stitching on that arm.

On an unrelated note, jye4ever posted this in my collection thread:

picture.php

I didn't think it was possible, but I managed to get that foot flat:

P1140808.jpg

P1140809.jpg

Don't know about the right sleeve, but the left one is definitely not attached. The bulge at the left shoulder is actually a dip where the sleeve has separated from the rest of the suit. So, work that under sleeve back UP into place. :duff

Not sure why it's always the left one that has the problem, but I'm sure it's somehow related to the hand stitching on that arm.

Thanks for the help. Yeah, it must have something to do with how the suit was put on the figure before stitching.

Back