Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you prefer to have a skiny spider-man, then wait for the Andrew Garfield version. :rotfl

Eh he doesn't really need to be buff, just lean. It helps that Andrew is much taller than Maguire.

If they keep the black webs, I'd most likely toss out the HT SM3 figure for the eventual reboot Spidey figure when that one inevitably happens.

while i like and grew up with the mcguire era spiderman, i've always thought he was wrong for the part. Looking forward to a HT garfield version.

I wonder if "as is" cannot be mass produced (perhaps in getting the costume over the body) which is why the research into the joints.

Thats always possible. Though, I'd think they have that figured out by now.

Yeah, if there were an issue like that I think the issue would have been solved before the proto was even done.

I wish I could remember where the comment was posted around here, but the impression I got was that further body tweaks were directed purely at the aesthetics of the figure. Good news and sometimes bad news, HT tries to please people with the best look a figure can have to match the source. I say sometimes bad because tweaking the joints to look nicer on this figure could mean hurting the posability. To me, this figure looking accurrate mans posability more than the realism of the joints.

I think it was mentioned in an interview that HT CEO Howard Chan gave recently at or about the 10th anniversary Tokyo expo

5320052273_c3de9060b8_b.jpg

5320051325_93406e4af4_b.jpg

I don't even want those silly web thingys... I have no intentions in cheapening the look of the fig with those ugly web extensions.

he is talking about the web pattern on the suit though?
this one they got the stitching of the mask to the body suit pretty much nailed

Im not sure I like the webs either, they seem kind of thick, oh well just tuck them in the box I guess.

I'm not sure whether I'd display the webs either but it's good to at least have the option. The webs would be difficult to do on a production scale without looking toy-like. Maybe someone on these boards will knock up some customs.

I don't know about this figure..will problably boost in value after the new movie hits

gr B.

I don't know about this figure..will problably boost in value after the new movie hits

gr B.

There are two things in life that are certain: death and Hot Toys figures skyrocketing in value 6 months after they're released.

There are two things in life that are certain: death and Hot Toys figures skyrocketing in value 6 months after they're released.

^Actually less popular but equally good HT figures can be discounted at 70% or more... my best score was around 85% off.. where shipping (actual shipping) was way more expensive than the figure

^Actually less popular but equally good HT figures can be discounted at 70% or more... my best score was around 85% off.. where shipping (actual shipping) was way more expensive than the figure

:lol yeh, it was a throwaway line. But I'd still bet on Spidey commanding solid prices once it's released. Maybe not if they don't do something about those boots though.

Which line was that? Im thinking joker V1 or watchmen?

Back