Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea most retailers are sold out, I think the cheapest on amazon is like $275 and ebay most are $250+ with like 10 bids already and I have a APO address so it is such a pain buying on ebay so that is another reason I strayed from a red n blue

Yea most retailers are sold out, I think the cheapest on amazon is like $275 and ebay most are $250+ with like 10 bids already and I have a APO address so it is such a pain buying on ebay so that is another reason I strayed from a red n blue

Wow and to think I almost passed on him. Id be kickin my own ass if I had to pay that for him now. Still wish I had bought two though. Spidey is my fav character and his Hot Toy is capable of so so many iconic Spidey poses. Can never have enough Spiderman:lecture

You can routinely find R&B Spidey on these boards at $200 or less. eBay is not a smart option for anything Hot Toys unless its a newer release.

Is it possible to display him hanging upside down? With his legs in almost, kind of, a triangle...
Anyone have him displayed like that?
Pictures?? ;)

Is it possible to display him hanging upside down? With his legs in almost, kind of, a triangle...
Anyone have him displayed like that?
Pictures?? ;)

That is only way I display him.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks for posting! :)
I'm guessing you'll need that stand to hold him in place?
He can't hang by himself?
What if you combined his webbing with, say, a fishing line and attached that to something and make it look like he's only holding on to the web...
Possible?

Well, most figures stand with the base attached anyway, so instead of standing with the legs, Spidey has his shoulders in the stand.

Well considering this is only an SM3 license they MUST make venom. I'm really hoping they do.

R&B Spidey - check
Symbiote Spidey - check
New Goblin - check
Sandman - sorta but check

Knowing HT's they're probably done now :lol

Well considering this is only an SM3 license they MUST make venom. I'm really hoping they do.

R&B Spidey - check
Symbiote Spidey - check
New Goblin - check
Sandman - sorta but check

Knowing HT's they're probably done now :lol

Yup! I would guess they've stuck a fork in it, but look at the Wolvie X3 coming, sometimes they just throw that curveball from out of nowhere.

They're an odd bunch over at HT's. Aside from The Avengers, what other line have they completed?

Exactly. Good post. I was hoping this one since they came on strong with three releases but only time will tell.
Need:
Venom
Green Goblin
Doc Oc
Sandman

I didn't want to get tired of my current figs waiting for new additions to this line. I guess that is the way of the HT.

LOL ^

I'm looking for a deal for this guy. Everyone is selling him 180+ but its 209 brand new. I'd just buy him there if I wanted to spend over 150

So is this the best spidey figure out there? I don't really like the new costume, I'm glad they're changing it. If you had to choose, would it be the red/blue or the black?

I do want the Tobey head unfortunately....I once heard something about a rumor about a tobey 2.0. Does anyone know anything about that?

I don't see what's so bad about the current Tobey sculpt, but maybe HT is looking to rectify certain inequities...

Spider-Man-2002-Norman-Osborn-Willem-Dafoe-creep.png

So is this the best spidey figure out there? I don't really like the new costume, I'm glad they're changing it. If you had to choose, would it be the red/blue or the black?

It's all about personal preference. You get more bang for your buck with black version as apposed to the red version because of the huge base/diorama and changeout head sculpt. The black one has vast improvements over the R &B version like stronger ankle joints, easier to change out wrist pegs, and no turkey neck or lumpy noggin.

The new spidey is nice looking and it may grow on me eventually enough to pick up but if you want the best out right now its this one.

Back